Heads up! Jesus is angry at the churches for their hospitals and feeding the poor......

by miseryloveselders 66 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jesus VS the WBTS

The Feeding of the Five Thousand

14:13 Now when Jesus heard this he went away from there privately in a boat to an isolated place . But when the crowd heard about it,

13 they followed him on foot from the towns . 14 14:14 As he got out he saw the large crowd , and he had compassion on them and healed their sick

. 14:15 When evening arrived , his disciples came to him saying , “This is an isolated place 15 and the hour is already late .

Send the crowds away so that they can go into the villages and buy food for themselves .” 14:16 But he 16 replied , “They don’t need to go .

You 17 give them something to eat .” 14:17 They 18 said to him , “We have here only five loaves and two fish .” 14:18 “ Bring them here to me ,”

he replied . 14:19 Then 19 he instructed the crowds to sit down on the grass . He took the five loaves and two fish , and looking up to heaven

he gave thanks and broke the loaves . He gave them to the disciples , 20 who in turn gave them to the crowds . 21 14:20 They all ate and were satisfied ,

and they picked up the broken pieces left over , twelve baskets full . 14:21 Not counting women and children , there were about five thousand men who ate .

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9m2x7SBz684/TALylOm2_pI/AAAAAAAAAoc/_-CdW-3X7fs/s320/tocar.jpg

Healing Many Others

15:29 When he left there , Jesus went along the Sea of Galilee . Then he went up a mountain , where he sat down . 15:30 Then 41

large crowds came to him bringing with them the lame , blind , crippled , mute , and many others . They 42 laid them at his feet , and he healed them .

15:31 As a result , the crowd was amazed when they saw the mute speaking , the crippled healthy, the lame walking , and the blind seeing ,

and they praised the God of Israel .

"Why would you help people..When you can sell them WBT$ Literature?"..

"We had to Fire Jesus..You work for the WBT$ Now!" ..

http://petewarden.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/09/salesman.png

The WBT$..

The AntiChrist Organization..

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/4256.gif

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• TD
    TD

So...

Healing the sick is not inherent in the teachings of Jesus? It's not something he specifically wanted done? (Matthew 10:8)

Great thread MLE! ...Just when I thought I couldn't be shocked anymore.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MISERYLOVESELDERS:

Good post. I feel this is probably the biggest indictment against the JW religion. Their sheer lack of humanity.

They say their efforts should go into preaching the so-called good news and not soup kitchens or other material help for the needy. Their excuse just doesn't cut it as far as I am concerned. For one thing, their so-called public ministry brings in very few people and is largely a waste of time, gas and resources of hard-working people. Their ministry is simply a yardstick to measure how 'faithful' any particular JW is. If the religion really had a life-saving message, they would use the media. Come on now, if there was some emergency would it be more effective to go on the airwaves OR is it more effective to waste gas to go knocking on doors?

Also, their hypocrisy is never ending. They would be the first ones to make use of the facilities of these other 'worldly' organizations.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

This is just my opinion: Helping the needy and actively making the community a better place to live gives a better "witness" to Christ than banging the heck out of someone's door on a Saturday morning and handing them a poorly written piece of literature. Not to mention the return on investment. As was mentioned above, the time and resources wasted in door-to-door (at least in more developed countries) is astounding. Mention it to a JW and offer a better idea of how to spread the message and all they can say is, "We just follow the direction of the FDS."

• sir82
    sir82

And you know what the pitiful part is?

During the meeting, and afterward, the JWs will positively gush about "what a wonderful illustration that was!"

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I had a lady I did a bible publication study with named Lizzie. This gal had obvious mental problems and was very poor. But she was a nice lady and tried hard to do the right thing for all people.

Anyway, her son went to school with my kids when they were in elementary school. And he got free breakfast and luch provided by the school because of his parents income level. The kids had circle time and the parents had to provide a snack and drink for the kids for this time. My kids told me that David never had a snack and they were sharing theirs.

So I told Lizzie I would send a snack and drink along with one of my kids for David each day so he would have one. And no one had to know his Mother didn't provide it since my kid would give it to him before they went into school. Lizzie appreciated my doing this. And considered me a good friend.

Well, wouldn't you know that I invited another sister along on my study with Lizzie and Lizzie was gushing about what a good person and nieghbor I was (Lizzie lived a block away from me) and it came out about me providing daily for David's snack.

After the study this "sister" dressed me down about how I was acting like the people in the churches by providing for Lizzie's Son's physical needs which was wrong to do, because she said if you give to people then they will only study to get more free stuff and not because they had any real interest in the bible. She claimed the society was against us doing this for that reason. And further told me Lizzie had been studying over a year and had no progressed to getting baptized so I should "cut my losses" and drop her as my study.

I tried to protest by saying Jesus provided for the people's needs too and we are supposed to follow his example. But she just got stuck on what the society would say about the subject. There was no reasoning with her on this.

Of course, I never invited ANY other sister to my studies with Lizzie. Eventully Lizzie had a breakdown and was hospitilized and her son was sent to live with grandparents. But I certainly never regretted my time with her or helping her son.

Unfortunately most of the Witnesses are so brainwashed by the WT, like someone else said they will think the WT gave a great example and feel they are the only ones doing the right thing. Its sad because so many people are in need in the world, and the 6 million + witnesses can make a real difference. Peace, Lilly

• I quit!
    I quit!

What a dumb analogy. It sounds like it was written by fifth grader trying to excuse their own bad behavior. However even in their own analogy they seem to have reversed the roles. Aren't they the ones washing the windows instead of taking care of the children? Wouldn't taking care of the children involve charity work and building hospitals so the children could have their physical needs taken care of? Or is having a access to a third rate religious magazine more important than food and healthcare to a sick or hungry person..

From the book of the Watchtower chapter 3: I was hungry and you gave me a Watchtower magazine. I was sick and you were right there counting time and placing the Awake magazine with me.

JWs should be ashamed to be apart of an organization that has the nerve to print such anti-christian thinking in the name of Christ. I bet that dubs in a hospital won't be stupid enough to leave that one laying around.

• clarity
    clarity

Great post-

In the 1960's a circuit overseer(whatever!) pontificated from the platform that we should not be giving to charities because the government should be doing that. And we should'nt do it because then they would'nt!

He also talked about Rice Christians. See, if you give hungry people food, well gee, then they're just studying for the food! lol So ya just give them magazines.

clarity

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Many churches are very family like and loving. They encourage improved lives and behavior through just being positive and loving. And they are rich in outreach programs. Two of the big hospitals in our area were started by the Catholic and Episcopal churches. The episcopal church also started Kendall Art college.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Clarity,

The sister who gave me a hard time was an older one, possibly she heard about the "rice christians?". I was newer in the org. at that time. I always wondered where she got such an idea. Thanks for clearing that up. (hey, no wonder you are called clarity)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit