Heads up! Jesus is angry at the churches for their hospitals and feeding the poor......

by miseryloveselders 66 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My question: Why did the parents in the illustration leave their kids in a house that was in disrepair and had dirty windows?

• villabolo
    villabolo

I think it would be poetic justice if the following were actually done:

Kidnap a member of the Governing Body.

Present him at a church and force him, under penalty of death, to introduce himself to the congregation by saying:

Ladies and gentlemen. The people who kidnapped me consider me a moral degenarate because I'm a leader of a religion that treats their members in the manner you are about to see; puts out magazines with articles like the ones you are about to hear; and have been trying to convert you to their religion for over a hundred years.

First, a video of Jehovah's Witness teenage girls who were molested and threatened with disfellowshipping for revealing their molestors, would be shown. Next, he reads articles supporting the disfellowshipping of rape victims. Finally, he starts reading from a stack of Bitchtower literature on a variety of insulting statements like the ones mentioned on this thread.

This would be videotaped with the intent of posting it on You Tube.

Villabolo

• tec
    tec

For anyone wondering if that quote about the house/children/parents and babysitter is legit... I'm pretty sure that same analogy was used with me during my two year bible study a few years ago.

Tammy

• dawntodaylight
    dawntodaylight

Such a judgmental article. The bible clearly states not to pass judgment on others. This is one of the many reasons why I stopped Going to the hall.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I swear this is why I love this forum. You guys/gals are like piranhas when it comes to the WT's hypocracy and nonsense. I love each and everyone of you for that.

For anybody that questions the legitimacy of those paragraphs, here's a link to the book from their own website. Pages 185-187. It speaks volumes that this tripe is so poorly written and nonsensible that it makes you wonder whether their own people in the Writing Department are purposely sabotaging whats delivered to their flock.

http://www.jw-media.org/rus/publications/cf_e.pdf

The paragraph that really through me for a loop is 13 where it states that Christendom has left people spiritually starved, confused by falsehoods, and ignorant of basic bible truths. Talk about the kettle labeling the pot black. The WT is especially guilty in this regard when one considers their doctrines on parabels such as "the faithful & discreet slave", or illustrations with obvious meanings such as "the other sheep." They've twisted the meanings of these simple illustrations, and left their own people confused. Meanwhile anyone with common sense who's never read the bible a day in their lives, can look at both of those illustrations and come to the proper conclusion on both without "bible study aids."

Also in paragraph 13 where it insinuates that its worthless for individual JWs and the WT Organization to assist their neighbors and the general public based off of the reasoning that this system of things is going down is proposterous. This system of things has been slated for destruction for the past 2000 years if you view it from a biblical perspective, and if you believe the WT's "various" interpretations of the Gentile Times, its been been destined for destruction for over 100 years. Its sad to say, but the WT has purposely turned up their nose at the public, and avoided practical assistance for the public based off the expectation that the end of this system of things is right around the corner. Over 100 years of excuses, while they pressure their sheep to continue volunteering on behalf of God's fallible, yet spirit directed organization. I'm embarrased to be part of it.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    ".... Jesus left instructions with his representatives to fed people spiritually by teaching them the truth of God's Word and helping them to be spiritually clean. .... Yet, Christendom has dismally failed to obey his direction. She has left people spiritually starved, confused by falsehoods and ignorant of basic Bible truths. ..... Even her attempts to better this world can hardly excuse her willfull disobedience. ..."

Yeah, like the Watchtower's example of saying, "Go in peace, brother, keep warm and well-fed..." while doing nothing, is so damned spiritual...

Like so many other previous posters said....

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "My question: Why did the parents in the illustration leave their kids in a house that was in disrepair and had dirty windows? ..."

HaHHHH!!!

Jamie Bower, GOOD point!!!

The parents left the house in such a poor state of affairs because they were too busy attending meetings and going door-to-door and doing "quick-builds" to take care of their own home!!

And I'll bet that poor babysitter had sat for them before and received only a pittance and an "Awake™ " magazine for her troubles...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Benjamin Franklin was instrumental in setting up private mutual benefit associations. He started the library by pooling books with friends so that everyone had more access to books they could afford. Fire fighters are another example. Churches are mutual benefits groups. Jesus was very concrete in what he directed. He provided details.

All major religions offer a social safety net. It is one think to say blessed are the poor. Jesus did not say the WT would reprint feed the poor. He said to feed the poor. It is a dangerous cult.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Benjamin Franklin was instrumental in setting up private mutual benefit associations. He started the library by pooling books with friends so that everyone had more access to books they could afford. Fire fighters are another example. Churches are mutual benefits groups. Jesus was very concrete in what he directed. He provided details.

All major religions offer a social safety net. It is one think to say blessed are the poor. Jesus did not say the WT would reprint feed the poor. He said to feed the poor. It is a dangerous cult.

• ocd
    ocd

I don't even know what to say....... That book is in the garbage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit