Heads up! Jesus is angry at the churches for their hospitals and feeding the poor......

by miseryloveselders 66 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal

Ha ha ha, scripture refutes WT yet again.

Jehovah's Witnesses always find themselves defending their position on this issue because you do not hear of witnesses building soup kitchens or doing charitably events as a group.

I wonder why that is? Really, why? I mean really, why?

Their analogy is bogus but for an indoctrinated mind, it is sufficient to make them feel good about themselves.

• willyloman
    willyloman

you can't really blame the WT. Without this specific direction, their followers are liable to follow their wicked hearts and donate money to some organization that really makes a difference in people's lives. On this, the WT rule is clear:

"If you have any money, don't waste it feeding the poor. Send it to us instead."

• undercover
    undercover
    A father and mother need to go on a trip. They cannot take their children along, so they hire a babysitter. Their instructions to her are simple: Take care of our children. Feed them, make sure they are clean, and keep them from harm." When the parents return, though, they are shocked to see that their children are famished. They are dirty, sickly, and miserable. They are crying for the babysitter's attention, but their cries go unheeded. Why? She is up on a ladder, washing the windows. Furious, the parents demand an explanation. The sitter replies: "Look at all that I did! Aren't the windows clean? I made repairs to the house too, all for you!" Would the parents feel better? Harldly! They never asked her to do those jobs; they just wanted their children cared for. Her refusal to heed their instructions would infuriate them.

Um...this isn't a spoof? This is real? Seriously? Can someone reference this?

I mean, this is so fucked up it can't be real. If it is, there has to an apostate on the writing committee who is daringly writing obvious stupid shit to shake some people awake.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sadly, UC, they will lap it up like chocolate flowing off of one of those fancy fountains...

But I do agree, got to be one of the biggest pieces of $h!t I have ever read in a WT publication

• snowbird
    snowbird

IS IT LEGIT???

Syl

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

When I read the paragraphs MLE quoted, I thought it was made up. It sounded like a parody. I checked my book. Yikes! What a joke.

Yesterday I needed help getting a message about an upcoming charity event that my business is sponsoring out to the community (sorry I'm being vague but I don't want to give away personal details). I contacted a local community organizer for help. She told me, "One great way to get the word out is to contact the local churches. They'll add your event to their announcements on Sunday and I'm sure you'll get a great response from the congregations." I thought, "What a nice arrangement." Then I thought, "If someone contacted the local Kingdom Hall for help, we would turn them down. At best we would just tell them to come to one of our free public meetings with no promise of helping with their event."

The choice to not participate in helping the community is one thing, but to say that Jesus is all mad at the Churches that do reach out is ridiculous. Watchtower elitism at its finest.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Didn't Jim Jones start spewin' crazy and questionable stuff before he made folks drink the kool-aid ???????

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The sitter replies: "Look at all that I did! Aren't the windows clean? I made repairs to the house too, all for you!" Would the parents feel better? Harldly! They never asked her to do those jobs; they just wanted their children cared for. Her refusal to heed their instructions would infuriate them.

Jesus: I asked you to feed the ungry, clothe the poor, help the afflicted...what did you do? Build a publishing/real estate empire!Their refusal to heed his instructions would infuriate him.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" The sitter replies: "Look at all that I did! Aren't the windows clean? I made repairs to the house too, all for you!"

Reminds me of spring cleanin' just before the memorial.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen!

Not to mention their demoting of Him to a mere spirit creature!

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit