Glenn Beck on His Game Today - Go Glenn!

by Sam Whiskey 161 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I quit! - I think it was that there is a very real realization that the Middle East could go into some major turmoil. What could that mean for the rest of us? There are a LOT of people over there, they don't like Americans, and they would rather sell their oil to other countries like China. It begs the question, have we done our homework if the Middle East cuts us off, or partially cuts us off? It's not so much Beck, but Beck get's you thinking outside the box (I know, it's an over used term). So it forces you to consider, what happens if we don't have enough oil, how will that impact us? What will the world look like if Muslim Extremists are running Egypt, Syria, Libya, Yemen and the like? Will they look like Iran? Will Iran supply them all with Nukes? Will North Korea get in on the action?

Again, it's not so much Beck, it's what Beck get's you to think about that I think is important. Let's face it, I'm an opportunist, so I'm also looking at the markets and how this will affect investment opportunities as well. In these situations there are ways to profit from these scenarios. Just thinking about all these things.

Thanks for asking I quit!, I was looking for some genuine conversation, not a pissing match, I'm too busy for that. However, I do find it relaxing and enjoyable to engage former JW's and others on topics of interest after my work day is done.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

While Villalobo's on his clown kick, here's one for you Villa;

• villabolo
    villabolo

Sam Whiskey:

Never mind the ridiculousness of your picture (Mine is an accurate portrayal of how Glenn Beck portrays himself.); since when am I an Obama supporter? Perhaps you haven't read them but I've made my political/social views clear on other threads. I'm way outside "the box".

Villabolo

• villabolo
    villabolo

By the way Sam, you never responded to my elaboration of how spiraling food prices are the cause of Middle East unrest as opposed to Glenn Beck's conspiracy--

Villabolo

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Villaboohoo,

Maybe...someday you'll realize the world really doesn't revolve around you;

• I did not specifically state that the Obama Clown was for you....
    • This is MY thread, not yours. I don't want to talk about your ramblings and mumbo jumbo.....
    • I want the thread to be about Glenn Beck and his thoughts as expressed on his show

Why don't you take your "elaboration" of spiraling food prices in the Middle East and........figure out something creative to do with it.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Maybe Glenn isn't so far off the mark; http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110222/ap_on_re_eu/eu_russia_medvedev;_ylt=AlXk2eYp0Ob8xNRLOI1q3dcDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTJuZzFicW8xBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwMjIyL2V1X3J1c3NpYV9tZWR2ZWRldgRwb3MDMgRzZWMDeW5fYXJ0aWNsZV9zdW1tYXJ5X2xpc3QEc2xrA21lZHZlZGV2c2Vlcw--

Medvedev sees `fires for decades' in Arab world

AP Reuters – Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev makes an address at the Central Academic Theatre of the Russian
    By DAVID NOWAK, Associated Press – Tue Feb 22, 8:16 am ET

MOSCOW – Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Tuesday predicted decades of instability in the Arab world if protesters whom he called fanatics come to power, adding no such scenario will be permitted at home.

Medvedev's words fall in sharp contrast with the European Union, which said in a statement on Monday that it "deplores the violence" and "repression" against the pro-democracy protesters by authorities in one of the troublespots, Libya.

Speaking at a security meeting in the Caucasus city of Vladikavkaz, Medvedev didn't name countries, but he was referring to the crisis in the Middle East and North Africa — which has brought down governments in Tunisia and Egypt and sparked protests in Libya, Yemen, Bahrain, Iran, Morocco and Jordan.

"These states are difficult, and it is quite probable that hard times are ahead, including the arrival at power of fanatics. This will mean fires for decades and the spread of extremism," Medvedev said in televisedcomments.

Any attempts to repeat the unrest in Russia would be quashed, he said.

"They have prepared such a scenario for us before, and now more than ever they will try and realize it. In any case, this scenario won't succeed," he said, without identifying the people he considers could threaten the Kremlin.

Russia has crushed Islamist separatists in two wars in Chechnya in the last 15 years, and continues to battle a lingering insurgency in the wider Caucasus region. The region is the epicenter of terrorism in Russia, with most of the high-profile attacks in recent years claimed by or attributed to Caucasus rebels.

In the past Medvedev also has warned domestic political opponents that they won't be permitted to "rock the boat," and he has continued the policy of his tough predecessor, Vladimir Putin, in sanctioning the violent dispersal of anti-government protests.

Opposition activists have been beaten and imprisoned under their rule. Putin, who wields greater power despite holding lower rank, warned demonstrators in a September newspaper interview that "you will be beaten upside the head with a truncheon. And that's it."

• villabolo
    villabolo

Sam Whiskied: "I want the thread to be about Glenn Beck and his thoughts as expressed on his show"

You stated from the beginning that Glenn Beck was right on in his statements about the Middle East. I simply indicated why I thought that his nonsensical conspiracy theories failed to explain the actual situation in the Middle East. So let me condense it into the typical 10 second sound bite that is withing the abilities of most Americans to comprehend.

Spiraling food prices resulting from worldwide crop devastation resulting from a Global Warming situation that is not going away. Conclusion, expect more civil unrest expanding throughout the world in the years to come.

What does Beck's schizoboard have to say about those NON-CONSPIRATORIAL factors? Nothing. Nothing he says explains anything about what's going on. He's an idiot and so art thou for listening to his paranoid, psychotic drivel.

Villabolo

• villabolo
    villabolo

Sam Whiskied:

Maybe Glenn isn't so far off the mark;

Medvedev sees `fires for decades' in Arab world

And of course you're like the Jehovah's Witnesses predicting bad things for the world when, as I clearly indicated in my previous post, any frigging idiot could predict the obvious. You still haven't responded to the issue of how Beck fails to recognize the issue of spiraling food prices and how they triggered the rebelion.

But why deal with rational facts and arguments when sh*t for brains is predicting that the Antichrist is a Muslim? I'm sure you'll roll in that vomit as well since you consider him such a "prophet".

Villabolo

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Dude...take your meds. Are you a Muslim? Are you European?

Why in the HELL do I NEED to respond to your drivel? Get back to your job at Walmart and STAY OFF THE DISPLAY COMPUTERS! You neandrathal...

• villabolo
    villabolo

Sam Whiskied:

"Dude...take your meds.

Every single day. I don't miss a dose.

Are you a Muslim? Are you European?"

Oooooh! That is so devastating to my ego.

"Why in the HELL do I NEED to respond to your drivel?"

Because you can't stand the fact that you're losing to me in the battle of wits? You conservatives have little imagination.

"You neandrathal..."

The correct spelling used to be Neanderthal. It has been change to Neandertal.

The missing link

To this

Villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit