So I asked my female coworker what she was doing this weekend............

by miseryloveselders 88 Replies latest jw friends

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

Misery, if you live near me, blow off Saturday failed service, come on over and drink some beers.

I can tell from your post that you already know its BS. The disapproval and dread only lasts a little while. Knocking on doors to avoid it lasts forever.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

misery misery misery... I don't know how you've been able to keep this up. I don't know how you do it. But LWT is right...

Get busy living

or Get busy dying

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Hey MLE...if worldly people are unhappy, well, then I want to be unhappy.

Sounds like the WT is really starting to grate on you. After reading LWTs words, not much more that I can offer. The phrase "freedom isn't free" goes through my head a lot when reading some of the experiences on this board, but it really is the bottom line for everyone who leaves the WT. There is a price to pay but it is just so much smaller than the price the WT extracts from your soul.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Misery I think your relationship with the JWs is much like Gollum and the Ring.

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

MY PRECIOUSSSSSS!!!!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Miz, sleep in on Saturday.

And date a pretty woman.

You know you want to.

• nugget
    nugget

Take a personal day , have a migrane that lasts until 11:00am.

I'm planning to sleep in and pootle about most of the day. I'd bake but the oven has blown a fuse so will read a good book, do some Uni prep, play with the kids and generally relax into the weekend.

If you know it is madness what is the point?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Help some people at the door become do not calls. You can most likely enjoy your day in service more if some of the people you talk to become do not calls and the witnesses don't bother them in the future.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Misery I don't mean to rub it in! The joys of a real weekend, after 42 years of meetings and service, are beyond comprehension. I am truly happy now. I don't need god or religion to be happy and content, I certainly don't need the guilt of being told that I am not doing enough.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Misery, bro, please take this for whatever its worth...

Get busy living. Ask that gal, or another, out and have some inoccent fun with a cute gal. Life is to short

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit