So I asked my female coworker what she was doing this weekend............

by miseryloveselders 88 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Down my way we use the word "pleasingly plump" , it's not like the PWT word

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Broken, you've got long dark hair, and I think of you as a healthier Baroness from GI Joe. Not to mention, I love you as you are. I enjoy our conversations. I hope to meet you someday. I always said someday I'm going to jump in the cage to see the Great White Sharks in Australia. I was surprised it wasn't expensive as I thought it would be. When I do, I'll let you know I'm in town.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

WasBlind, I still say Pleasantly Plump! There's nothing wrong with a healthy woman. I like that feminine fat. I'm not into the anorexic thing, I need something to grip on.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Wow.... I'd love to see the Great White Sharks too!!

The Aussie dollar is on parity with the American, so it shouldn't be too expensive for you to travel around here.

When I do, I'll let you know I'm in town.

I'll get the handcuffs ready, lol.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Misery-I'm quite curious how you managed to stay single so long. It seems especially with the Witnesses,if there is a single brother,especially with elder status, there's a radar that goes up for single sisters miles around. I'm sure there are some after you,and you're not even aware of it.

Of course,I understand why you wouldn't want to get in that situation right now.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    Misery-I'm quite curious how you managed to stay single so long.

I think I've outdone Miz quite handily in the staying single department if not absolutely everybody here. *sigh*

V665V665

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

No, I've been single for quite some time too. It seems only married men like me. Don't know what vibe I give off,but it's usually the married men who hit on me,including JW men.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

EmptyInside, I hear ya. Single white female currently undergoing a love drought.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Misery-I'm quite curious how you managed to stay single so long. It seems especially with the Witnesses,if there is a single brother,especially with elder status, there's a radar that goes up for single sisters miles around. I'm sure there are some after you,and you're not even aware of it.

Of course,I understand why you wouldn't want to get in that situation right now

Its nothing spectacular really. I lived a double life for so long, Empty. For the longest time past my teenage years and into my early twenties, I lived a double life. I was the perfect JW at the hall and in field service, but unbeknownst to my family and the congregation I was still running with some borderline hooligans. I had some fun, but eventually it got to a point where I had enough of it. People in my circuit and my congregation think I'm shy, and to some degree I am, but what they don't realize is I'm really making an effort not to hurt anyone. I'm not sure where I stand right now, and I don't want to hurt someone. I always said I wouldn't be one of those brothers who would ruin some sister. I've seen quite a few dudes who have hurt very good women. Dynamic, intelligent women. I refuse to be one of those men. I'd rather die than strip a good woman of her dignity. In my hall now, there's a few sisters, pioneers, who'm all I'd have to do is look at them a certain way, and they'd fall in line. I don't say that to be cocky, but rather just to illustrate how messed up the dating game is amongst JWs. If I knew for sure that I was hanging around this religion, I'd commit to a sister at my hall or my circuit. As it stands now, I'm very unsure, so out of respect for good women and their families, I'll hold off at this time. Every now and then I flirt with the thought of committing to one of them, but it just wouldn't be right. It makes me feel like I'm no good. I've done some things that I've never shared on this forum, that I'm not proud of. It makes me feel crumby, but it is what it is. Makes me want to drink...wow. I don't know what to say sometimes. Been a heluva life, but it hasn't been, if that makes sense.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Miz,

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to make a decision. After that, everything falls into place.

I sincerely think this is the reason you feel so low. You know what you have to do, but you are scared of the consequences. I understand, I've been there too.

But you know what? Once you've made the decision, it will be like a huge weight off your shoulders. You won't drink out of guilt. Yes, people will think a little less of you, but so what? Who pays your bills? Who really has the right to tell you how to live your life?

We're all here for you, Miz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit