So I asked my female coworker what she was doing this weekend............

by miseryloveselders 88 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

WHAT FEELS EVEN BETTER THAN JUST NOT GOIN'

IS NOT HAVIN' TO LIE ABOUT WHY YOUR NOT GOIN'

ANYMORE. I HOPE ONE DAY YOU CAN BE ABLE TO HAVE

THAT FEELIN' MIZ, YOU WILL PROBABLY EVEN SLEEP BETTER

AT NIGHT WITH THAT WIEGHT OFF YOUR SHOULDER. I KNOW I DO

• elderelite
    elderelite

Miz, every man has to walk his own path and only we can choose what that path will be....

There is no panda petting paradise. Choose your path wisely and remember you will never get "today" again.

Get busy livin misery.

• jeckle
    jeckle

i dont know dude if your an elder its hard to feel sorry for you i was moral but your kind labelled me a black sheep . cuz i didnt kiss @#$$ i guess, well if i were you id sleep in and tell everyone else to mind their own business. but thats me

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

MLE -- In all seriousness, where do you see yourself in 3 years?

I know it's not easy to walk away from WT without suffering some serious cuts and scars. Many of us bear them. However, my courageous side tells me to tell you that tomorrow CAN be the first day of the rest of your life, if you WANT it to be. It won't be easy and tears will be shed, but, brother, there is a bright future ahead.

Great words from LWT that needed repeating

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I wouldn't mind him being chained to my bed.

Broken Proises, the matchmaker in me just can't resist asking you, "Is this an official invitation?" If so, MLE, get her phone number at least!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    Broken Promises, the matchmaker in me just can't resist asking you, "Is this an official invitation?" If so, MLE, get her phone number at least!

Only if you can get him to go halfway around the world. *sigh* NVL... He can't even make up his mind to quit being an elder... unless you take him by force. Tee hee!

V665V665

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Dude.... good luck on field service... ill score one for you tonight :-0

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ Jamiebowers

• I quit!
    I quit!

This experience happened years before I left the Watchtower but I remember it like it was yesterday. I had just moved out of the mountains back to Orange County. I was doing the usual JW thing of going out in service on Saturdays and Sundays just like I had done when I was living in the mountains. One Saturday I'm not sure why I but decided that instead of going out in service I would take my dog for a walk along the beach. After I did that I went to Main St Huntington Beach to get something to eat. At that point I realized that I had forgotten my dogs leash. I was watching all the people having breakfast, reading their papers, chatting with friends just enjoying the morning. All of a sudden I really wanted to be a part of it. I went into a surfshop and bought a surfboard leash so I would be able get out of the car and walk my dog. It felt so good to be out there just mingling with the people enjoying a beautiful spring day instead of out knocking on doors trying to get people to join the Watchtower. I think even back then there was something in the back of my mind telling me I need out I just didn't want to face it just yet.

Years later shortly before I left the Watchtower I would find myself skipping the Sunday meetings and going jogging instead. The meetings had become torturous to me and I just couldn't sit through them anymore. This was also in the spring and I remember how beautiful everything looked and how free I felt out running instead of sitting there being bored to death. By the end of the summer I was completely out.

I hope you find your way out soon. It is obvious that need to get out.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Great advice EL,

the sad thing about bein' a JW is that grown men are not allowed to choose

their own path, if they try, they lose their family

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/204722/1/Awake-July-2009-Persecution-for-changing-your-religion-is-wrong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit