last day at the kingdom hall

by ex-Special Pioneer 67 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Nice catch, Mad Sweeny! I can't believe I didn't notice that discrepency.

Maybe exSpecial Pioneer is really Johnny the Bethelite telling another story!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sunday's a public meeting where everyone's on their best behavior for all the visitors.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Geez, you guys are like a pack of piranha. Pick, pick, pick. Let the guy tell his story before you all tear it apart.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Well he's taking his time! Just tell the story, broseph!

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

On Friday 7th September 1994, I attended a judicial committee. The accusation was APOSTASY since they were not interested to hear anything as they had instructions from the London Branch Office both myself and my wife presented our disassociation letter. We stated that we are disassociating ourselves and we hope that the announcement would be done in this way. Yes the announcement was done on a SUNDAY and not during the week as normally it is done. Please remember that I was just a JWs but I was a special pioneer and an elder. This is my experience the announcement took place at the FGURA CONGREGATION of Jehovah's Witnesses at the Marsa Kingdom Hall MALTA. What I wrote is just the begginning of the story. I would like to continue explaning how my family became JWs in 1968 how we moved from Australia to Malta (to serve were the need is greater in 1974). What it meant to grow as a JW. My baptism when I was 13. Pioneering my career. Attending the Ministerial Training School in 1989 and becoming a Special Pioneer in 1990. Serving as an elder. What lead to a family research that opened our eyes. Letters and phone calls to the London Branch office (talking to Peter Ellis) our judicial committee. The day of the announcement. The aftermat several brothers shocked with what they so and left as well. TV program and articles in the Newspaper. Participating in international conferences. Exposing Milton Henschell when he came to Malta. etc........ To all those who think that this is invented I am writing my name and country. I have contributed many information to several individuals like Randy and others.

Paul Bonanno

Malta

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

If it's true, then I apologize. You do have to see where the doubts were coming from though, right? I personally am waiting for the next installment of your story.

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

THE INDOCTRINATION PROCESS

But how does a person becomes a member of Jehovah’s Witnesses? How could a person like my father completely turn around in such a short period of time? What so powerful, could have happened to make this person totally disconnect from his or her family?

The answer to these questions is through an indoctrination process or what Jehovah’s Witnesses call “Bible Study.” When we refer to Bible Study we are not referring to the courses offered at the University were students are introduced to various scientific methods and approaches of Biblical interpretation, exegesis, inspiration, background, narrative art in the Bible, Biblical languages, Biblical discourse analysis and narratology. But a “Bible Study” is a one to one indoctrination session usually held weekly in the home of a prospective convert with paragraph by paragraph consideration of a Watchtower textbook. (Reed 1997)

In the next visit they discussed some topics that left an impression on my father. One of the topics that John chose was the perpetual virginity of Mary. Dad was not aware or informed by John that this subject was brought up in A.D. 380 by Helvidius and later by Jovinian who asserted that Mary had other children to which the greatest biblical scholar of the day Jerome rebutted. Another topic was about idolatry. This last topic left an impression on dad infact as soon as John and Andy left dad started going around our house and began removing all the religious idols that we had. This caused a reaction from my mother as this was going against her family tradition. But finally for peace sake and as well as she was brought up to consider the husband as the titular head of the family to which all members are subordinate she accepted his decision.

John became my fathers mentor and a “Bible Study” was started. A text book entitled “Things in which It Is Impossible for God to Lie” published by Jehovah’s Witnesses was used. The procedure or system is that a paragraph is read and then the mentor will ask the question found at the bottom of the page and after the student will answer. The mentor will explain further and may read some scripturessited in the book and discuss their relation to the topics under consideration. He will make sure that he will have a clear understanding of what they have just read and see how it applies in his life.

Week by week and month after month dad was constantly subjected to a barrage of Watchtower propaganda. Dad’s mind began to reel and stagger under the great weight of lies, half truths and false reasoning’s. The last strands of resistance are finally broken down and the mind capitulates. This is what lead to dad’s conversion – this is the Watchtower style!

A record of all the Bible studies being conducted is kept. Every month John filled a form (S-3) and wrote dad’s progress and turned it to the secretary.

My father with limited educational background hardly able to read and write was easily susceptible and vulnerable to what he was being indocrinated. For the first time he purchased a Catholic Bible and started reading it. He quiet smoking and stopped attending every week Sunday Mass. As Louis D’Angelo said: “They will allow not one ounce of what they call Babylonian beliefs to remain.” – The Catholic Answer To The Witnesses A Challenge Accepted

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

brotherdan, mad sweeney, mkr32208, white dove, cadelin you have a PM

Paul Bonanno (ex-special pioneer)

Malta

• White Dove
    White Dove

Good story!

Please do continue

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I didn't get a pm, exSpecialPioneer.