last day at the kingdom hall

by ex-Special Pioneer 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

ex-Special Pioneer, please post the rest of it.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Welcome Ex SP, sent you a PM. Cheers, Matt

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

The crowd was in a hysterical state, every time that we tried to say something we were silenced by the clapping and screams which got louder and louder of the majority of the two hundred people in attendance. “Get out of here” were the word that kept echoing in our ears. People were standing up from the theatre seats and gesticulating there hands in the direction of the stairs that leads to the main exit door. During this commotion some present there in a rage of anger stood up from their seat and run to our direction. If it wasn’t for some present who managed to restrain them they would have assault us.

And this really happened in a Kingdom Hall?? Of Jehovah's Witnesses?? No offense, but I find that rather hard to believe.

Welcome anyway !!

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

Are you sure this happened in a JW kingdom hall?????

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The crowd was in a hysterical state, every time that we tried to say something we were silenced by the clapping and screams which got

louder and louder of the majority of the two hundred people in attendance.

I'm sorry for my doubts here...but I don't know if I can believe that. This was DURING the meeting after your DA announcement? This wouldn't happen in any KH that I've ever been to. The announcement is made and everyone stays quiet.

...but I'll keep reading...

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Cadellin said:

And this really happened in a Kingdom Hall?? Of Jehovah's Witnesses?? No offense, but I find that rather hard to believe.

Welcome anyway !!

I can personally believe it because of two incidents that happened in halls that I attended.

We've all heard where the "WT society" supposedly doesn't condone or promote violence, but notice how in the 1983 yearbook how they slyly give tacit approval to what the brother who was a former boxer did.

If any doubt read the whole article then ask yourself where in that article did they say he shouldn't have used physical means.

Here is a quote from it 1983 yearbook page 92-93:

"He warned the men that if they tried to do damage to the Society’s property, he would have to protect it. After two of them had failed to heed the warning, the remainder very quickly retired with cries of, “We thought they wouldn’t fight!” But the uproar continued. It was impossible to control the intruders, and the meeting had to be canceled."

and from page 94

"However, the brothers stalled matters for about an hour by trying to reason with them from the Scriptures. But suddenly the mob dispersed, as into thin air. What had happened? Looking down the street, the beleaguered brothers could see someone coming from the next corner. It was no other than the former boxer who had so ably protected the Society’s sound equipment on the occasion of the first meeting. The mob had no stomach for facing him again"

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Stonewall, both of those YB examples are of one particular man/brother taking matters into his own hands. It's not exactly the same as almost an entire congregation, as ESP asserts.

Of course, I can't comment on the two incidents that happened to you personally. And, admittedly, odd things do happen from time to time...Still, as I said before, ESP's story seems hard to believe. Not impossible.

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

If you had written a letter "disassociating" yourself, why on earth would you be in the meeting listening to the announcment of such? That doesn't make much sense to me!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I know what you mean. The writing style is just...well...I don't know, but a whole congregation stirred up into a mob is just weird.

I'll still give the story a chance to fill out a bit.

I do kind of wish you'd cut to the chase and just come out and say what happened to make them ALL go crazy.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Desert Rat:

"If you had written a letter "disassociating" yourself, why on earth would you be in the meeting listening to the announcment of such? That doesn't make much sense to me!"

I went to my disfellowshipping announcement.

Villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit