last day at the kingdom hall

by ex-Special Pioneer 67 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

please do continue, you have my attention.

I've heard the story of the 5star vacation from the GB members in that country

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Welcome.

NLW's wife

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Paulo (ExSP),

Many thanks for your story so far, please tell us more.

These kind of true life experiences are so powerful in exposing what the JW/WT religion really is, please fill in the gaps for us, especially about the specifics of what "woke you up" and your conversations with the London Branch Office.

Mille Grazie.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Hi Paul,

I just read about Henschel's visits in Malta at freeminds, and your very courageous letter to him.

Please post more on your life story, it is really empowering to read about such experiences, and how others reacted to the aftermath.

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

“LOVE BOMBING” AT THE KINGDOM HALL

Not long after that dad started studying with Jehovah’s Witnesses, John invited my father to attend a public meeting held on Sunday at there Kingdom Hall (the local mmeting place of Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation. Sometimes a rented place or building, but ususally a structure owned by the witnesses). Dad accepted the offere and when he went he was welcomed by many members, as they realised that he was new nearly everyone started coming on dad to introduce themselves and encourage him to continue to attend. Others explained that this is the “truth” and how this religion helped them to transform there lives. Some one told him that soon you will start to be rediculed by your friends and “persecuted” by your family. Dad was encouraged to pursue and persevere in “this road that leads to eternal life.” Dad immediately felt welcome by this manipulative technique that cult experts call it “love bombing.” Margaret Thaler Singer a clinical psychologist and emiritus adjunct professor at the University of California berkeley said that “Love bombing – or the offer of instant companionship – is a deceptive ploy accounting for many successful recruitment drives.” (Singer 1995) Infact Jehovah’s Witnesses are encouraged to use this technique when they notice a stranger at their Kingdom Hall. (Watchtower – February 15, 1987)

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

Nobleheart you have a PM

• blondie
  • bigmac
    bigmac

ex special pioneer wrote

"Letters and phone calls to the London Branch office (talking to Peter Ellis)"

i knew Peter Ellis when he was a circuit servant in the west midlands ( UK ) in the 1960's

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

Thanks Blondie - by the way till this day no reply was received from the watchtower to that letter.

Paul Bonanno

Malta

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

Bigmac - Peter Ellis was a member of the London Branch Committee. (I dont know if he is still alive). At the moment I am abroad on work as soon as I will return back home I will try to post some pictures and other information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit