last day at the kingdom hall

by ex-Special Pioneer 67 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

ex-Special Pioneer: Your prose is purple and you sound like you're itching to tell your story. You've been harbouring hurt and outrage for the better part of 17 years.

My response is part empathic, part straight-talking: If the witnesses in that Kingdom Hall actually threatened you with bodily harm, I have no hesitation in deploring their mobish behaviour and genuinely feeling for the threatening experience you went through. It was absolutely not OK for them to subject you to the threat of violence. Now for the straight-talking: If you genuinely believed your wellbeing was threatened, you need to have reported the incident to the police, period. Telling us about it in the overly-dramatic way all these years later will simply elicit a mix of sympathy, disbelief and suspicion regarding your own intentions and motives.

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

Villabolo... I have seen one's be in attendance when their df'ing was announced, but never one who disassociated them selves. It just seems funny to me that one would go to the trouble of writing a letter to denounce the religion, anouncing they no longer want to be recognized as a member, then go back to to the meeting for the announcement? I personally would not do it. Maybe I am just strange in my thinking...??

• White Dove
    White Dove

It almost sounds like Compound Complex was writing it as one of his fiction stories. That's what got me.

But I'm not one to denounce as false what one really did go through, without more details and explanations first.

The true stories I read on here, I read for information, not entertainment.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Look forward to the next instalment.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

• nugget
    nugget

Give this story a chance to play out guys. I know we are a sceptical bunch but the society never ceases to amaze and one thing I have seen is that just as we are all different so are our stories.

There may be some allowances for hyperbole but until we have heard it all it is difficult to judge and because it does not match our personal experience it does not of itself make it invalid.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Bulllllshit....

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You're gonna hafta buy the book to find out how it ends...

• chicken little
    chicken little

I want to read the rest of this experience please, so if the negative responses have put you off please pm the ones who are interested with the continuation. I have attended congregations in countries where punch ups and screaming in the kingdom hall have taken place, so I am not sceptical that this person has had this experience.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They don't announce such things on Sunday. It's a Service Meeting announcement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit