Why I Eventually Left

by itscrap&theyknowit! 64 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome ...Knowit. It sounds like a great weight was lifted with the end of this marriage. Still, divorce is difficult, and I wish you the best. Your story is heartbreaking--especially your father's story. It gets better. Feel free to express your anger. I know I am. I have been, at times, sarcastic and bombastic, and yet, most people here understand we just need to release some of the anger at the injustice. At least now you can protect yourself and your children. They will know they have options.

NC

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Welcome, IC&TKI, though I'm sorry it is under such sad circumstances. I'm especially sorry to hear about your father's premature passing.

It is disgusting that they are so demanding of everybody else's time and energy just for the sake of appearances. It is disgusting how they belittle their partners for "not being spiritual enough", not only to you but also speaking ill of you to all the other "brothers and sisters". Somehow, they have convinced themselves that doing so is a fine example of "headship" in a "christian marriage".

Do consider going to college, it's not too late. And keep yourself and your children away from that organization before it does you any more harm.

GLT

• factfinder
    factfinder

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all of that hardship.

• nugget
    nugget

it is a horrible religion and it turns good men into bad ones and bad men into worse ones. The religion is intolerant and the pressure to prove spirituality means that women and children take second place.

Now we are free of the pressure to conform we actually spend time as a family and do things together and we are stronger as a result. Welcome to the board, may your journey also be a positive one.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

Itsc&etc , if your husband is coming to his sense, and if you still have a feeling for him, you should grab this chance to save your marriage, and not let it known that you allowed this organization to ruin your family, on top of all the rest of it. The WTS is not worth a wrecked marriage, controlling your own life by, hopefully, salvaging your couple is the best proof of regained freedom that you can produce. Just an opinion.

No, my husband doesn't want to leave the 'crazies'. It's for me to 'come back to Jehovah'. He calls himself praying over me while I'm asleep, as if, I'm going to jump in the sack with him once he stops praying. I DO NOT LIKE HIM. I love him because he is a human creature and is Father my kids. I have ABSOLUTELY NOOOOO AFFECTION for him. I do wish him well in his 'journey'.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Welcome, I can really feel your frustration, hope that things work out for you and your future decisions.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

@ LISTENER - Sorry to hear about your dad. You've been through a really tough time. I don't need to ask how your husband treated his own children, it appears self explanatory.

Life doesn't have to be like that. I wonder if your husband is being sincere in his efforts or he is just doing it for 'appearances' to 'save the marriage'. I guess time will tell but making a stand has already made changes for you.

He doesn't care about me. It looks bad for the marriage to have failed. Others have tried to subtly tell him over the years to 'help his wife'. When I was falling by the wayside, he looked at me like I was the scum of the earth. NOW, he looks like the scum of the earth. Understand this, I have given him PLENTY of chances thru the years. He turns right around and pisses on me EVERYTIME!

My scriptural support is ..."once you have learned the truth, there is no sacrifice for sins left."

• snowbird
    snowbird

You will be fine, It's Crap.

Your sorry husband is the loser here.

Syl

• flipper
    flipper

This thread is important. Needs to be bumped up everyday for people to see. BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

welcome, and good for telling him off

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit