Why I Eventually Left

by itscrap&theyknowit! 64 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Welcome to this forum itscrap&theyknowit!

Its great that your finally taking appropriate steps to get out and away from this man made oppressive cult

of diverse corruption and coercion.

The personal degradation of woman is just one aspect of the many oppressive statutes fostered on this

religious faith based off the social moral standards of the old ancient Israelites.

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Welcome. Your story is so typical. I feel so bad for you and other women. I can say that as an elder I never treated my wife like that. However there were many late nights and time away that I confess I did. I am glad that you have awakened and it seems in time to enjoy your life without the constraints of the borg. At least you have children! I never did because we could have them in the new system. Now I am in my 60s and other than my wife I feel that I have nothing.

But we all must make the best of what we have. Again be happy you have seen the light. stuck in

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

I hope things work out for you to return to school. It's been great for me.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Hope the best for you. Sad to read of your experience, but that seems to happen so frequently being a jw.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome itscrap&theyknowit! So many promises that this organization is incapable of keeping. The subjugation of women, the blood policy, and many other things led me, as a teenager, to put my plan together, go away to school and get real busy with life.

"Get busy living or get busy dying." These words from Shawshank Redemption spoken by Andy Dufresne resonated with me as I watched my parents waiting on Jehovah for his new system to arrive. They wasted many years of their life.

I am glad you have awakened and are going to start living yours.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I bid you welcome itscrap&theyknowit!,

It seems that you have eloquently expressed the feelings of countless women still stuck behind the WTS edifice. I totally despise the maintaining of "appearances", especially when it hides so much ugliness and hypocrisy underneath. I was never so fortunate unfortunate to have married another JW at any age. I can only marvel at how young people among JW's marry so young on a continuous basis, even in this day and age where most other people defer marriage until later in their lives. I find it laughable that the WTS preaches against marrying "in the bloom of youth" yet so many defy that direction. I hope you can find a way out of this horror movie you live in before you end up in an institution somewhere. Take care and stick around...

V665V665

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Welcome !

JW's are all about appearences !I grew up in an elder family and we were always out in service, always early to the meetings, always had to have three answers ready for the Watchtower study and were on stage as toddlers.

The reality was my parents barley talked, I had raging anxiety and thankfully my mom did not work, cause being a JW mom is two jobs in one !

You will enjoy this board - there are so many good stories to share. Good for you for getting out !

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome! Yes, JWs and the WTS are all about polishing the outside of that thar cup of theirs that they don't see how horribly filthy they are on the inside, as a group and families.

I'm so glad you are getting out and discovering peace.

I look forward to reading your future posts.

Love, Dovey

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen.

Syl

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    Welcome! Yes, JWs and the WTS are all about polishing the outside of that thar cup of theirs that they don't see how horribly filthy they are on the inside, as a group and families.

AMEN!

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit