New Information On Blood?

by EmptyInside 102 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Baltar,

It was about vaccinations. Same concept though.

"..much looseness of our day along sexual lines may be traceable to the easy and continual violation of the divine commands to keep human and animal blood apart from each other. With cells of foreign blood racing through his veins a man is not normal, not himself, but lacks the poise and balance which makes for self control." (Golden Age, Feb. 4, 1931, p. 293)
    AJWRB
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

All those predicting a change to allow blood "on your conscience" are thinking rationally....but the WTS is not rational , it does not claim to be. It is proud of being "theocratic" that is "God ruled" (so they say) this frees them from any requirement to be sensible or do the popular thing. They only have to say "It is required by God" and that is it, end of story........

Notice the April 15 WT where even suggestions as to how to do the Ministry and how to dress at assemblies are no longer suggestions, but "divine direction". Ignore it at your peril !

Anyone who thinks like that is not going to loosen up on a key doctrine that serves so well to make the members separate from the world and special. It would only change if they were being sued for lots of money. Then they would say it was a free conscience but still shun you if you took one...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If the elders in the original post haven't had their elders' KM school yet then that is probably what they were talking about. Remember the new document "How Parents Can Protect Their Children From Misuse Of Blood" that was released at the KM school for elders? There is no "noo lite" in it; just reiterating how important it is that JW parents be willing to sacrifice their kids for the Borg. There is NO WAY they will change the stance on blood so soon after the elders schools, especially since I don't even think all elders have attended yet.

A link to the pdf was posted here about a month and a half ago.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    All those predicting a change to allow blood "on your conscience" are thinking rationally....but the WTS is not rational , it does not claim to be. It is proud of being "theocratic" that is "God ruled" (so they say) this frees them from any requirement to be sensible or do the popular thing. They only have to say "It is required by God" and that is it, end of story........

The beacon of reality post of the day -

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Oohhhh...what a cool name for her, Sab!

• undercover
    undercover
    Notice the April 15 WT where even suggestions as to how to do the Ministry and how to dress at assemblies are no longer suggestions, but "divine direction". Ignore it at your peril !

digressing for a moment...

Is this in the Kool-Aid edition or the public edition? I've haven't seen this...

(edit: found it. I do remember a couple of threads about this article now)

Okay, back to the topic.

I'd love to see them relax the rules. Being someone who had to face surgery and gave the doctors permission to do as necessary, much to the chagrin of my JW family... I'd love to be able to wave this at them and ask them why it's okay now but it wasn't then.

But BB is probably correct. This doctrine is their main "we're God's chosen ones 'cause we follow this Bible law" doctrine. It sets them apart from everyone else.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Yeah - this isn't going anywhere. I could possibly see them telling the elders in a secret letter, not to investigate any member that may have violated the blood policy. Kind of like the gambling for entertainment and the non religious holidays. Maybe even instructions not to DA anyone even if they've violated the policy - so long as they don't "promote" it. Just no priviliges etc.

The teaching and the policy will have to stay the same though. Legal - wouldn't let them knowing the lawsuits would come roaring in. And it wouldn't be from the ex-JWs either. There are so many die-hard "no blood" members out there, many who are proud they've lost loved ones in death even. Telling them it's a conscience matter, would set up a sh#t storm that the WT could never have imagined.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

All this talk about which fraction is or is not acceptable by the GB but no mention of any gratitude towards the people who gave it. Perhaps the jws should start donating instead of just take take take, especially as it seems more and more of the blood is becoming acceptable.

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Maybe this time the GB will allows transfusion of red blood cells or platelets or both. But will forbid white blood cells..... who knows?

• pirata
    pirata

Hopefully it's better than last Summer's bloody "New light" that EPO has gone from Concience Matter to OK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit