New Information On Blood?

by EmptyInside 102 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
    baltar447

Interesting. But we've heard vaporware rumors before. Not holding my breath.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I was told the same thing, through a friend of a friend . . . but no details. this time.

Skeeter1

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

there certainly will be new light and it will be even more strictly enforced , MS' on HLC's engaging in deathbed disfellowshippings, yep window cleaners/janitors/labourers condemning babies to be murdered,what a lovely thought

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The blood issue with JWs will never change, its been entwined into the doctrinal psyche within the organization for so long now

and so many people have died from this doctrine, that the only thing they can do has been done and that is not DFing people who go

ahead with one. Taking away any elder status, pioneer status and alike and making it a private DA.

Besides if they were to completely drop the doctrine all together, the organization would be hit with numerous libel law suits levied

against the organization for wrongful death. Not to mention fracture the believability factor that this organization had created as being

the one and only true solemn channel to god . The GB knows enough to not play with that.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow, if they DID reverse the stand, it would give a good open reason for many to leave, myself included.

• Violia
    Violia

The blood doctrine could become a conscience matter, in fact, I am sure it will. However, like most consicence matters it is all LEGAL-EZE If you vote, you are DA'ing yourself, even though it is a conscience matter. Same for joining military. They just make these things a conscience matter to keep the ACLU and other orgs like that off their back and out of the wts money , which is of course the only thing that truly matters. Even if they can't offically Da or DF you for a conscience matter they have something they do, informal shunning.

• agonus
    agonus

As long as we never hear another "so-and-so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses" announcements from the platform over anything blood-related, it's a step in the right direction.

• Violia
    Violia

yes it is a step in the right direction. I have been in/around the org for a long time and informally they call these conscience matters just ways to protect "mother" . Most folks would not consider you a jws any longer if you took blood.

So, I see it being useful for the newbies who aren't so brainwashed as to not know that conscience matter is code for No real jws would do this and protect mother at all costs. You know, all the unwritten rules they have.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think whats been happening of late is the court fighting thats been going on recently, with government institutions

winning the decision to give BT to under age children. The new directive by the WTS. of separating and transfusing blood fractions.....etc.

The WTS. doesn't like to be controlled or governed over by outside worldly governments, particularly when it weakens their role playing

stance over their members. There has already be long arduous law suits pertaining to JWS accepting BT in being shunned (DFed) by the organization.

Taking the newly constructed position of not DFing ones who do, was more of a legal positioning if anything, bowing to legal pressure.

What that did in legal terms is take some of the weight of responsibility off of the organization itself and placed it more on to actual individual who

is refusing the blood transfusion individually. ( the legal department of the WTS is indiscriminately hidden away but its there )

Does this turn on the lights for some of you folks ?

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I used to not have a stong opinion about the blood issue stance that JW's took, until I met my wonderful husband who would not be alive today had it not been for a blood transfusion when he was born.

The other day I was in a store and I watched someone open their wallet to pay and I saw they had a blood card infront of their driver license and I almost vomited in my mouth (an expession)! Its hard not to get heated about it now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit