• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

The Watchtower, April 15, 1909, p. 116, 117

I'll get a photocopy for you.

Randy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sweet, Thanks Randy

And about a list of the WT doctrinal changes about blood, do we have that?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

This is actually a pretty legitimate understanding by Russell. Fred Franz wanted a ban on blood transfusions introduced FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING JWS STAND OUT, TO MAKE NEW CONVERTS, JUST LIKE RUTHERFORD INVENTED THE NAME "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES".

IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH PROPER EXEGESIS OF THE BIBLE!

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

PSacramento:

I think jwfacts.com has something like a history:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/blood-transfusions.php

Randy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Is there any way I can get that page so we can print it out Randy?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

PSac, I was told verbally when I called Brooklyn. They didn't point me to any articles, as I explained that I was raised in it but never baptized and needed some clarification. So much had changed in the intervening years since I last studied. I had just learned about the fractions nonsense and was looking for a way around it, since my mother won't accept them anyway. She's "spiritually weak" in so many other ways, but on this one point "steadfast." And suffers from many ongoing health issues.

Not sure what it says in the new elder's book, or if this "conscience matter" has been spelled out directly in any of the publications over the years. I think the sheep don't really know about the DA option, or more would go that route and eventually become reinstated. I don't think the Masters would like that, evidence that you can accept blood and renew your JW status in a few months! But this is what I was told matter-of-factly when I called Brooklyn, like helping a relative choose DEATH one way or another was so natural. Maybe for the soul-less, sociopath robots who answer the phones at Bethel, but that just doesn't fly out here in the real world.

Looking forward to this new light on blood, but take it for granted it's just another legal "out" to protect themselves from liability. Personally, I'd like to see the Assisted Suicide Goon Squads (Hospital Liaison Committees) disbanded for good. THAT would go a long way, not far enough, but at least allow JWs and their families who actually care about them make informed decisions without undue pressure.

(Okay, now I'm going back to read Randy's post… )

~Sue

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Awesome as always Randy, thanks !

And thank you for the update Sue :)

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I appreciate all the comments on this thread. I would be suprised if they reversed the ban on blood. I'm thinking a small clarification on a bloodless procedure.

But,an elder on the HLC visited a relative of mine,after their surgery,and mentioned some new information on blood,but he didn't elaborate. And my brother who is an elder said he heard the same thing.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

PSacramento:

right-click it and save it to your hard drive. :-))

You can also get the full text AND photoimage of every page of every Watchtower printed up to 1950 on CD-roms at my store:

1879 to 1919: http://www.freeminds-store.com/cd/watchtower-reprints-bundle-1879-to-1919-3-disks-309.html

1920-1949: http://www.freeminds-store.com/cd/watchtower-magazines-bundle-1920-to-1949-3-disks.html

and they are text-searchable!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sweet !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit