New Information On Blood?

by EmptyInside 102 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I've overheard from a couple of elders,that they are going to be getting some new information on the blood issue. Now,I understand in the Witness world,this could all be much ado about nothing. But, does anyone know what this info could be?

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I was just told the same thing by an Elder in my area. He didn't say what exactly, but he said there was some new information coming out. We were having a direct conversation about my qualms with the Watchtower's Blood Doctrine, and he implied that this "new light" on blood would possibly ease my concerns.

We'll see.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

If the no-blood doctrine was the only thing that I had a problem with, maybe new light would mean something. But...

• laverite
    laverite

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I am shocked that they are coming out with ANYTHING new before it has been leaked, posted and thoroughly discussed on JWN first.

• pat1060
    pat1060

I have always felt the eventually it would be a conscious matter.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I agree brotherdan. It'll just be another reason for me to hate the Governing Body. They had to wait for 2 old-timers to kick off before they could take a reasonable position on this issue. That is expecting that the new information would be reasonable, which is highly unlikely.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I guarantee that if there IS new "light" on the subject, then it won't be a full on "Blood transfusions are a conscience matter." I don't see them ever doing that. It would cause an uproar in the thousands of JWs that let their loved ones die over this murderous policy.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

So now what? We can take blood sub-fractions now? Or maybe the main 4 components? If they allow the main 4 components, they might as well let us take whole blood and move this whole blood issue over to a conscience matter. Of course, that would send ripples, no... probably waves through the organization.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

There was the yearly blood talk---but nothing new. I haven't heard anything in my part of the world. But I be digging around ...:)

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Don't get your hopes up. The WTS has got too much "blood on their hands" to make it a conscience matter. It would be the greatest thing to ever happen if they did though.

However there are around 50% est witnesses that do not have updated Health care directives. Odds are there are a number that have had blood because they could not understand the nonsensical fraction explanations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit