Dan, the problem is you will have a burning desire to say something, especially when they give you the WTS misinterpretations and spin. I think you wear you emptions on your sleeve (I might be wrong) and are likely to blurt something out that they can latch onto if they have any inkling that you may be "apostate". You either have to say little or nothing or cancel the meeting.
Need help with a shepherding call!
I've sent you a PM.
These are very stressful meetings, your wife is already ill, she will probably be relieved that you canceled. Tell them thanks for their concern & you'll contact them at a later date. Wish you both well!
i think it was a very good call to cancel the meeting. If there is going to have to be a meeting, why not ask the elder if it could be at his place?
being around your wife would (in my oppinion) put her in a stressful situation.
Totally agreed. I have no desire to reschedule it either.If they need to I'll have them clean up their house for guests, and I can come over there. Bohm, your comment reminded me of a Seinfeld.
- Telemarketer: "Hi. Would you be interested in switching over to TMI Long Distance service?"
- Jerry: "Oh, gee, I can't talk right now. Why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later."
- Telemarketer: "Uh, sorry, we're not allowed to do that."
- Jerry: "Oh, I guess you don't want people calling you at home."
- Telemarketer: "No."
- Jerry: "Well, now you know how I feel."
Because you mention it, meeting with elders (if you must) should be an event not held in one's own home.
It's difficult to storm out or ask them to leave when it's your home. It is easy to leave the Hall or their home when you are done.