Need help with a shepherding call!

by brotherdan 55 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The elder came up to me to schedule it. She doesn't really like meeting with them either. She ends up crying every time. I think it will be a relief for her. Plus, I'll just tell her that I cancelled because she is sick.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Be a "yes" man and just be agreeable. It works been there, done that!!

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Already great advice by many here BroDan. So all I'll add to it is please hang in there, I am praying for you and hoping that you find relief soon in your trials. I hope that your wife sees how much you love her and will not give into the organizations droning mind control much longer.

Wish you the best my friend.

• Stealth
    Stealth

They don't know about my wife's mental state.

I predict that your wife will out you.

Threats to leave you did not work.

Attempting to kill herself did not work.

This is her last card to play to try to get you whipped back into line.

• Violia
    Violia

I remember when I made that same decision, Dan, not to ever go in FS ever again. I would not help them foul up another persons life. I would not be party to it.

Your wife is ill and they would cause her extra stress if they come over. I would just tell them nature of the problem, how ill she is and let them know she can't handle this. If worded correctly that might get you 6months to a year of being left alone.

I know it is hard to lie, but they have no problem with it themselves. They can and do use underhanded methods to get folks. They have set folks up, lied to them and all sorts of things to get aposates. It seems the gloves come off with that. I have heard words like bust, sting, etc used to get apostates. I am serious, I am not making this up.

Your job is to protect your family , your wife and children. Do whatever you have to do .

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    The elder just emailed me and asked if we could do it tomorrow night...

That sounds like an opening to me! "I'm sorry, that won't be convenient. Perhaps some other time."

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Boy I don't miss those days of having to lie to people who were my friends but now were poised to hurt my family. I would cancel if I were you. From your postings here I see you as a person who speaks their mind, if that is true you probably will without intending to when they ply with questions.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

This is her last card to play to try to get you whipped back into line.

I can see how it might seem that way. But my wife is not your normal JW. When I told her tonight that I cancelled with them, she sighed and said, "Good..." It is so bizarre. I have never known anyone like her. She believes it, but hates all the things that go with it. I just don't understand her sometimes.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

How about thinking of one or two seriose things that u cant be disfellowshiped for but proves in a jw way u got issues. Like I dont really know how i feel i just want the end to be here and expected it by now. Let them give u councel, and encourage you and let them leave. You'll look like you have doughts, weakend faith. any other questions they ask just give them the things that would and should make u feel that wayl You can fade

• boyzone
    boyzone

Bro Dan

It sounds like your wife is at her own crossroads with this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit