The Gloves Are Off - Its Official Round 1 has just taken place .. !!!!

by sleepingbeauty 60 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Stephen -- love your comments/scriptures, as always.

LV101

• foodalls
    foodalls

Thank You Timothy Riches!...Loved that post you left on Christopher Hitchins piece...YOU are on the RIGHT track...ALL Religion destroys "Spirituality" and seperates Mankind from God...Their days are numbered because people all over the world are waking up to it...I SEE IT HERE!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Well done SleepingBeauty. You've done as all proud!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well done SB;

sometimes you have to go for the jugular and tell them how it is, I do that , I'm fed up with the stupid small talk because it will always end up in a full blown row, their lies are the biggest obstacle to get over it just goes to show how un-united they really are some will tell little porkies, some will outright deny everything, the last conversation I had with these scum the lady so blatantly lied (and she knew what she was talking about) it took my breath away, they are a crumbling pathetic cult on a slippery slope to oblivion.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Congratulations.

• reslight2
    reslight2

They rubbished me, so I told them all about the debauch lifestyles of Taze Russell saying that Jehovah would never have used him as a servant..

While I rejoice to see that anyone frees themselves from the JW organization, on the other hand, a Christian should be careful of not adopting the methods of many who seek to promote falsehoods about Russell. Not knowing exactly what "debauch lifestyles" are being attributed to Russell, I cannot respond to him. Russell was not perfect, and he had his own battles with the sinful flesh to contend with as all of us, but I would not say that he led any debauched lifestyle.

While I would say that most of the JWs know very little about Russell, many of them may know enough to realize that Russell may be falsely accused, and, from their standpoint, they consider Russell to have been a member of their oganization (he never was), and in their minds translate such false accusations as being made of their organization, considering such to be persecution of their alleged "Christian" organization. Russell, himself, however, preached against such authoritarians organizations such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, and he preached against the kind of alleged "good news" that is preached by the JW organization.

http://ctr.reslight.net

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

A Russell apologist. How many people forfeited their lives to the ideals of this man? It may be logical he has been falsely accused of some things just because we have a tendency to blame the bad guy for even more harm than he has actually done. He is by no means an innocent.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome to the rest of your life. The mental freedom you are now enjoying (and will continue to enjoy in greater measure) are worth more than status within a publishing corporation. It will be difficult for a while, but it's worth it.

• Scott77
    Scott77

OMG! This was a successful encounter. I think, you empowered yourself and tried to do the same to them. Unfortunately, as would be expected, they were defensive. However, the little seeds of doubts, those stated 'facts', I believe, may grow up years later to force them to reconsider their beliefs. Afterall, there is no place they can learnt these facts except from Ex-Jws. You and Moshe are very great with encouraging news sharing. Many ways to go. Please, keep

Scott77

• reslight2
    reslight2

A Russell apologist. How many people forfeited their lives to the ideals of this man?

I assume that it is being alleged that there people who "forfeited" there lives to the ideals of Russell. I don't know of any.

It may be logical he has been falsely accused of some things just because we have a tendency to blame the bad guy for even more harm than he has actually done. He is by no means an innocent.

No one is 100% innocent in absolutely everthing he done since the day he was born. However, Russell was not guilty of the many false charges that have spread abroad about him.

Russell, if he did anyone harm (and we have all unjustly done others harm in our lives at times), I am certain did much, much, more good than harm, by his presenting the "good news of great joy that will be for all the people."

Russell was never with the Jehovah's Witnesses, he did not believe in the message that the JWs preach about millions of people being eternally destroyed in Armageddon without ever receiving benefit from the "ransom for all"; he never objected to blood transfusions; he never went about disfellowshipping people because they disagreed with him; he actually preached against the kind of organization that Joseph Rutherford created after Russell died; Russell actually preached against the kind of alleged "good news" that Rutherford created after Russell died (the bad tidings of great woe for most of the people that billions of men, women and their children will be eternally destroyed if they do not join with the JW org). Indeed, the message preached by the JWs is almost the very opposite of that preached by Russell.

Nevertheless, much of the things and doctrines that Rutherford created are often unjustly and falsely attributed to Russell.

I have no reason at all to think that Russell was a "bad guy"; I have every reason to believe that he was a Christian endeavoring to serve Jesus to the best of his ability, and that God did indeed use him to spread many truths of the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit