How Many People Are Still Happy That They Married Their Mate?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

20 years for us...improved greatly 10 years ago when we both left the WTS. But then we weren't 19 when we got married. A good marriage takes loving attention from both mates and common goals. A good relationship is nothing to take for granted.

• AiAi
    AiAi

Just hit the 5 year mark a month ago! Its goin better than ever. from getting married at 18 while she was pregnant to leaving the borg to joining the army we have made it through and ended up stronger each time. I think it was more luck than anything I did though. So I would say I am still happy....but then again I am not the one that has to put up with me :p

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have been married to my JW for more than 20 years. Even with the difference between us (WTS) I am happy that the JW I married while I was a JW is her own person and regardless of that issue, I am thrilled to be with her still. She will probably come out of the JW's sometime in the next 20 or 30 years or sooner, but even if not I am blessed to have her.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It's been almost 16 years for us, and we're still happy with each other. Being that my dear husband survived cardiac arrest a few months ago, I'm more than grateful that we're still together.

• Tan Hai-chi
    Tan Hai-chi

I'm happy with my wife! I married her when we were both witnesses. She grew up as one and I became one at 22. We left the organization together through a lot of turmoil but have stayed together after for a total of 12 years. We now have two great kids which I don't know if we would have had if we were still witnesses.

• yesidid
    yesidid

50 yrs +.

We still kiss and cuddle every day. (But that's not all we do.)

I thought I loved him on our wedding day, but I didn't know what love was.

I love him more than life itself, and they are not just words. He is my reason for living.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm still happy that I'm divorced. Does that count?

W

• minimus
    minimus

Yesidid, that was beautiful.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The Finger:

I was only talking to my wife the other day and everybody we could name are either divorced separated or one of the partners isnt happy whilst the other claims to be blissful. One woman I know, they claim a happy marriage whilst the husband yanks out her hair when he's annoyed. Marriage mates make good liars in my opionion

That about sums it up!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'm still happy that I didn't marry my cheating fiance. And happily single (although sometimes I wouldn't mind some company).

Does that count?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit