How Many People Are Still Happy That They Married Their Mate?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know of someone that has made no bones about being somewhat unhappily married. They got married because they "fooled around" and felt it was the "right thing to do".

I wonder how many people are unhappily married??

• TD
    TD

30+ years -- I'd do it again in a hearbeat!

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

im an ex elder married to a jw wife who because of her continued moodyness, and lack of supporting her husband in theocratic things moved me to begin my investigating Jws. she still a bitch. complaining daily of the thing that must be done just to live, simple things like cleaning, working and she married to a man that works can outclean her and i dont bitch about life. One day we may all have something really important to worry about! why sweat the stuppid shit and make those around u especially your husband so misrable that if he gets the right chance well u know.................

• The Finger
    The Finger

there are two answers i could give depending on the hour

I was only talking to my wife the other day and everybody we could name are either divorced separated or one of the partners isnt happy whilst the other claims to be blissful. One woman I know, they claim a happy marriage whilst the husband yanks out her hair when he's annoyed. Marriage mates make good liars in my opionion

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's been 18 years of marriage for us and yeah there have been some bumps in the road but that's life. We both feel we made the right choice.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

This is my 4th marriage,going on 11 years together,5 of them married,and hell yeah,Id do it again in a heartbeat.The others didnt last long and were just whims.To make peace in the family.When you find the real thing,it just fits.And the real thing challenges you to be better and do better all of the time yet accepts and loves you the way you are.Its almost unexplainable..

• aSphereisnotaCircle
  • Violia
    Violia

"...it was a teenage wedding and the old folks wished them well..." and you probably know the rest of that song. However, I would have waited until my 20's if I got a do over.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

25 years were happy together

• BoreanBill
    BoreanBill

"This is my 4th marriage.......and hell yeah,Id do it again in a heartbeat."

Well, obviously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit