How Many People Are Still Happy That They Married Their Mate?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

47 years this August. She is the love of my life and more than I deserve. I am a very fortunate man to have such a terrific woman who loves me too.

Wish I could post a couple of pics here but alas that is a trick I haven't learned.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Borean Bill.I mean that Id marry this amazing man again.The others were duds.I chose them for the wrong reason.They chose me for the wrong reason.I dont believe in the bible or god or all of that,I just want to be happy.I am now,finally happy.Its pretty cool.You should try it!lol Hey,At least Ill never wonder about the others,I know for a fact what kind of human works best w/who I am,and I ,he.Its unusual and cool.I could totaly see spending many years w.this man,but couldnt wait to end the first years {or months}w/the others.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! We are one of the few I think that just hit it off and still get along great. There are a lot of married couples I know that this is NOT the case. I don't know why we were so lucky but hey, I won't complain.

NLW's wife

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

minimus

We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary last December.

The only thing that robs me of some happines is that my wife is still stuck in the WT cult. I escaped in 2003, so it took me a long time to realize what I was really involved in. Maybe she'll change some day, too? That's my main goal in life!

lifelong humanist

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Am happily married to my best friend. It's basically a sexless marriage but we are totally happy. I think that's where my fascination comes in with the RealDoll.

• chickpea
    chickpea

married a man i met in college when we were both using controlled substances..

i went sober and he didnt... off and on he sobers up, sorta kinda, well never mind about it today
    so i have spent 21 years of a 28 yr marriage disappointed ....still, i love him as the father of our
    kids and remain married to him for purely financially prudent reasons.... he lives in another state
    where he found work.... that makes for relief more than happiness

that being said, i am still amazingly content and mostly happy about how life is unfolding...

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

43 years and someday for eternity.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I am. About the only thing I don't like about my wife is her allegiance to those morons in Brooklyn.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Happy cannot describe how I feel about Kathy....she saved my life, if not for her I'd be a drunk and pill popper stumbling door to door slobering out a message that no one wants to hear. 30 + years and still going strong. To Kathy the love of my life....

• foodalls
    foodalls

I was married for 23 years before finding out about her "Infidelity" in a rather shocking way...with one of who I thought was a "Best Friend" (With friends like this who needs enemies!!!) But my wife was a victom of a "Pediphile" father that was having sex with 2 of his daughters while they were growing up at a very young age...and my brother in the flesh was married to this other sister of my wife! This so-called father of these 2 girls was an elder in the congregation most of this time too!

He was NEVER dealt with over it and is now out and inactive(Sorta Sneaked out!)...When I found out that the borg was "Crawling" with pediphiles in a San Francisco newspaper one morning after we had been divorced for 8 years..you can imagine my shock! I then figured out WHY my wife seemed so "Fridget" about sex most of our life together for 23 years. We did raise 3 children to adulthood that came out alright for the most part (But they are still in the borg! ...I'm now happily engaged to a woman in the Philippines that is a real charmer and will be bringing her over here after we are married over there. So I still believe in LOVE and marriage even thought I lived in a "Turbulent' one from before in the so-called "Truth"???

Everytime i tried to address this issue to my elders about the pediphiles running wild in the borg...they would attack ME for bringing it up!...3 times I tried with the same results!

Thats when I got "Serious" about investigating ALL Religion and found out what I did about it...FOR 8 YEARS!...Now I have found a "New Reality" about "Spirituality"...You do nOT have to be in a "Religion" to Please GOD...I'm seeing that here in this Forum...MORE POWER TO YOU BROTHER'S AND SISTER'S!

NAMASTE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit