Fallout 2014

by wobble 66 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

"It has now been 100 years since Jesus was installed as King in heaven. This means our preaching work is more urgent than ever before! Clearly there can not be much more time left for this wicked system of things

That is EXACTLY what they did up big in 1979 it was 100 years since the first Watchtower and it was the theme of the DC with special commemorative Watchtowers.

Anybody who gets recruited now or old timer that stays in almost deserves the ripoff.In 1992 I could see as clear as day that the generation was expiring.The pitch at my Kingdom Hall was electric with impending news system this was when the Berlin wall was going down 1990.

A respectable long time elder tapped me on the shoulder at one meeting and told me how he had telephoned Bethel and asked them,"how much longer can it last" it just can't go on any longer.The District Overseer gave fiery talks on how Jehovah was going to use his people as bait to get Satan to come after us.I had an old car that I KNEW would last me out.Most of the cong had maxed out their credit cards,and those with homes were getting the 3rd mortgage home equity loans and all deep in dept.

WTF???

• d
    d

I started thinking about the fallout of 2014 in around 2009 and now are in 2012. I think as 2014 nears more faders wil want to leave.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Before I even figured out TTATT, the idea that 2014 was not far away as a source of cognitive dissonance for me. Y2K was even a huge source of CD, but then 9-11 changed that. I think between a generation (an actual generation) who has not been alive without access to the Internet and the huge gap of time that has elapsed between Christ's supposed enthronement and now will serve as a disconfirmation for many. I don't doubt that a majority will stay, but I could see many leaving shortly after 2014 (myself included).

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world."________Reasoning from the scriptures book page 200

" ( The "generation" that was alive at the beginning of the fullfillment of the sign in 1914 is now well along in years. the time remaining must be very short.")_________Reasoning from the scriptures book page 239

Witnesses try to claim that what was said in the reasoning book still mean the samething as an overlappin' generation

no it doesn't

an overlappin' generation is not well along in years as stated in the reasoning book ,the folks born when fred franz died in 1992 are in their early twenties

Newlight = mistake = false prophecy

• extractor
    extractor

I can't wait until 2014. I know my "preaching work" will increase. I'm saving my money for the outdoor advertising board...

Jehovah's Witnesses

1914-2014

Celebrating 100 years of absolutely nothing.

• wasblind
    wasblind

But we never said that about 1975 and 1914, that's persecution from the Poztates

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm saving my money for the outdoor advertising board...

Hey, let's pool our resources and buy the billboards at the Lincoln Tunnel. . . I am almost half serious. . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit