Fallout 2014

by wobble 66 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wobble
    wobble

Come 2014 even some Dubs must start to ask WTF Jesus has been doing for ONE HUNDRED years, and there is a big potential for many to leave.

What more will the WT Bull**it (Writing) Department come out with to keep the poor little drones feeding the hive, and maintaining the GB's rock-star life-style ?

The over-lapping generation tripe will be getting on for five years old by then, surely "Noo Lite" will shine that makes the Big A even closer or somesuch ?

Come on chaps, those poor saps in Writing need your best ideas. (Hello Boys)

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

wobble

I've asked my still-in wife this question several times recently. She simply won't answer. I guess she knows that something isn't right, but she's not acknowledging that the WTs 'game is up' as far as 1914 is concerned. I've tried a more humourous approach, asking if there are any 'big parties' likely to be arranged to 'celebrate' 100 years, but still no response.

Apparently, mentioning the year 1914 and its significance is hardly ever mentioned now in WTB&TS literature or from the platform. It seems to have been almost totally forgotten - quite conveniently, I reckon.

When I used to believe this stuff and try to convince the public going door-to-door, I often wondered what would happen in 2014.

It would be great if many woke up, but I doubt many JWs will even pause and think of the significance!

lifelong humanist

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Well God is not late, he is merely waiting for more people to destroy at Armageddon. Uhmm did I say destroy? I meant save.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Well, Jesus did say "just as in the days of Noah", which would give them 120 years to work with, so they could maybe get away with setting 2034 as a date, which just might turn out to be the time we really do usher in a new system. It just won't be a Pharasaic one like they're expecting, because that's what we have now.

• Gayle
    Gayle

asking if there are any 'big parties' likely to be arranged to 'celebrate' 100 years,

lh, hey that is funny..I think I will plan a good 2014 New Year's party! Good idea!

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I plan on buying my mom a 100-year-anniversary card and giving it to her. These people need to be reminded that the Big A ain't coming the way we were all taught.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

sorry everyone go home now jehovah has left the bldg.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

In the last weekend I heard 2 different JWs bring up the possibility of 2014. Last night I was reading in the "God's Kingdom of 1000 years" book (while pooping...it's doesn't deserve more attention than that) and they were justifying setting dates. I believe around page 340-350 they talk about how we are not to know the day or hour. But it insinuated that you COULD know the year. Of course this book was written in 1973, so they were pushing the dates. But I had never read anything so specific before.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I don't usually go in for this kind of thing, but stealling civicsi00's idea on a grand scale appeals to me. We should be thinking about ways of sending an anniversary card to every KH in the world. We could get a good bunch together and deliver a cake to Patterson, with tv crew to record the event.

• heathen
    heathen

I guess we can expect them to start calling it the noahic generation awaiting salvation from the flood of God's fury. Keep doing more til 2034. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit