So an 8 year old is killed by a machine-gun and it's no ones fault?

by Simon 165 Replies latest social current

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Me and the Boy doing what we do. Don't be hatin'

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSooner7nc?feature=mhum

• Mary
    Mary

BTS, do you really feel it's necessary to post such disgusting pictures? Would you like it if someone shot a dog, then posed in front of it with their 3 year smiling? Good lord.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Dangit Mary, most of us don't eat dogs (No offense to any on the board who enjoy dogmeat).

Dem Deers look mighty tasty BTS!

• Simon
    Simon
    By all means, let's ban cars too.

Well, lets see - you have to pass a test before you are allowed to drive, if you don't behave with a car you get your license revoked and 8 year olds aren't allowed to drive period.

Not a very good analogy really.

Also, cares serve a valuable purpose. I fail to see the purpose of a civilian owning an automatic assault weapon other than to intentionally or accidentally kill people.

The problem with many Americans *cough*, republicans, *cough* is that they seem unable to have a rational debate about it without resorting to screaming "it's my god given right"

• TD
    TD

Well there's absolutely no argument from me that Republicans in the U.S. have at least their fair share of idiots. Most of them, (I hope) realize that ownership of a fully automatic weapon is not a right and is not protected by the Second Ammendment.

I've had to point that out three different times on this thread and Burntheships has expressed it twice.

• VM44
    VM44

If one lived way out in the middle of nowhere, then one really would have to have some means of protection.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    BTS, do you really feel it's necessary to post such disgusting pictures?

I don't see anything disgusting there. Do you eat meat?

Well, lets see - you have to pass a test before you are allowed to drive, if you don't behave with a car you get your license revoked and 8 year olds aren't allowed to drive period.
    Not a very good analogy really.
    Also, cares serve a valuable purpose. I fail to see the purpose of a civilian owning an automatic assault weapon other than to intentionally or accidentally kill people.

Yet again, you miss the point. You can't just go out and by an automatic weapon in the US. You need a PERMIT. I even linked to the appropriate regulatory page at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

BTS

• Mary
    Mary

I don't see anything disgusting there. Do you eat meat?

Maybe you don't but what was the purpose of you showing a poor dead deer that had been shot? Just to prove that it's your "god-given Right" to do so? You compared it to being as "natural as taking a crap in the woods"----do you also plan on posting pictures of that as well?

Yes I eat meat. I also go to the bathroom. Doesn't mean that we need to see pictures of either.

• Mary
    Mary

On the question of purchasing guns in the States: How did Jared Lee Loughner manage to purchase his weapon and ammo with absolutely no problem? Did he have a Permit?

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard
    On the question of purchasing guns in the States: How did Jared Lee Loughner manage to purchase his weapon and ammo with absolutely no problem? Did he have a Permit?

Lougner did not buy an automatic machine gun. That requires a permit and NFA tax. He bought a regular pistol. Arizona runs a background check when you buy a gun from a dealer. You fill out a form show ID and the dealer calls the state of Arizona with your info. If you have history as a felon or basket case, you cant buy a gun.

Who Is Ineligible to Buy Handguns

When a licensed federal handgun dealer runs a background check on a potential handgun buyer, the NICS system returns information on individuals who:

• Dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.

• Are unlawful users of or addicted to a controlled substance.

• Have been adjudicated as a mental defective or been committed to a mental institution.

• Are illegal or unlawful aliens.

• Have renounced their U.S. citizenship.

Additionally, the NICS checks criminal history records to identify convicted felons and those convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence crimes. The system also checks NCIC files for wanted persons, protection orders, and deported felons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit