April WT is out. Blood, FDS, moses & crazy stuff...

by bohm 64 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Good topic Bohm.

ThomasCovenant:

''For example, keeping the computer in an open area can serve as a protection. Some find it best to use the computer or watch television only when others are present. Others have decided not to have access to the Internet.''

Is the Society implying that JWs are a bunch of perverts or that we lack self control so much so that we need someone like a family member to monitor our viewing habits?

The Society should just admit it. They do not trust the R & F!

Thats' O.K. by me. I stopped trusting in the Society.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The article helps seal the doctrinal shift that the FDS is synonymous with the GB.

2001: "The Governing Body appoints qualified brothers at the branches to represent it in making appointments of elders and ministerial servants. Care is taken that those acting representatively on behalf of the Governing Body clearly understand and follow the Scriptural guidelines for making such appointments. Hence, it is under the direction of the Governing Body that qualified men are appointed to serve in the congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide." (The Watchtower, January 15, 2001, page 15)

2008: "It is Scriptural for “the faithful and discreet slave” through its Governing Body to appoint men to positions of responsibility, and some men are appointed to exercise authority over other appointed men." (The Watchtower, October 15, 2008, page 23)

2011: "Jesus Christ is the assigned Leader of the congregation. He has delegated some authority to a faithful slave class, made up of faithful spirit-anointed Christians. That slave class, in turn, appoints overseers in the Christian congregation." (The Watchtower, April 15, 2011)

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

MrMonroe,

On point. Classic middle school algebra: A=B, B=C => A=C

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Mary says:

I think we should print off all these comments, attach them to the article in question and send it off to the Writing Department with a great big "F" marked in the top right hand corner. Actually, if anyone ever tried submitting such tripe in any school, they would be given an "F".

I'd be really tempted to follow the "F" with three other letters...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JW Gone Bad - "Is the Society implying that JWs are a bunch of perverts or that we lack self control so much so that we need someone like a family member to monitor our viewing habits?"

Well, considering the overall quality of individuals most susceptible to recruitment into authoritarian high-control groups these days, maybe they have a point...

Remember, the WTS (as it currently exists) is inescapably the product of Fred Franz and Ted Jaracz, and their successors are - by all indications - cut from the same cloth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit