April WT is out. Blood, FDS, moses & crazy stuff...

by bohm 64 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

The april WT is out, get it while you can. What caught my attention was the first article. Some quotes:

The presence of the pillar assured God’s people that Jehovah was with them. It represented Jehovah, and at times he spoke out of it. (Num. 14:14; Ps. 99:7) Further, the cloud identi?ed Moses as the one appointed by Jehovah to lead the nation. (Ex. 33:9) Likewise, the last recorded appearance of the cloud con?rmed Jehovah’s appointment of Joshua as Moses’ successor. (Deut. 31:14, 15)

So how does that apply today?

Similarly in modern times, Jehovah has never left his people without clear guidance. Just as he did not expect the Israelites to scout out their own route, we today are not asked to ?nd the way into the promised new world on our own. Jesus Christ is the as- signed Leader of the congregation. (Matt. 23:10; Eph. 5:23) He has delegated some au- thority to a faithful slave class, made up of faithful spirit-anointed Christians. That slave class, in turn, appoints overseers in the Christian congregation.—Matt. 24:45-47; Ti- tus 1:5-9.

(there is even a nice section where they "proove" this). Now the real kicker, what does that mean for the individual:
    How, then, do we react when we receive divine direction? Do we try to apply it “right afterward”? Or do we continue doing things just as we have been accustomed to doing them? Are we familiar with up-to-date direc- tions, such as those regarding conducting home Bible studies, preaching to foreign- speaking people, regularly sharing in fami- ly worship, cooperating with Hospital Liai- son Committees, and conducting ourselves properly at conventions? We also show our appreciation for God’s guidance by accept- ing counsel. When faced with far-reaching decisions, we do not trust in our own wis- dom but look to Jehovah and his organiza- tion for guidance.

More stuff to mesh the two stories together:
    Of course, those taking the lead in the earthly part of God’s organization are not perfect—but neither was Moses. Even so, the pillar provided constant evidence of his di- vine appointment and of God’s approval. Note, too, that it was not for each Israelite to determine when to start moving. Instead, the people acted “at the order of Jehovah by means of Moses.” (Num. 9:23) Thus Moses, God’s channel of direction, likely gave the signal to move. Today, Jehovah’s steward class gives a clear signal whenever it is time to make a move. How does the steward do that? By means of articles inThe Watchtower

By now, everyone should be convinced and happy:

Do you clearly discern the evidence of di- vine guidance? Jehovah uses his organiza- tion to guide us, his people, through “the wilderness” during these last days of Satan’s wicked world. As a result, we enjoy unity, love, and security.

...but if you are not:

have all come true for you.” (Josh. 23:14) Likewise, God’s people today will without fail reach the promised new world. However, whether we personally will be there depends to no small degree on our humble willing- ness to follow God’s direction. Therefore, may we all keep on discerning the evidence of Jehovah’s guidance!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Interesting use of "Faithful and Discrete Slave" instead of the usual "Governing Body" - maybe they assume that everybody equates the two as being the same thing.

Also fascinating about practically OBEYING ("cooperating with") the Hospital Committees - I thought blood decisions were up to the individual and their conscience.

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Are we familiar with up-to-date directions...?

How in the hell can "truth" ever be updated?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    How, then, do we react when we receive
    divine direction? Do we try to apply it “right
    afterward”? Or do we continue doing things
    just as we have been accustomed to doing
    them? Are we familiar with up-to-date direc-
    tions, such as those regarding conducting
    home Bible studies, preaching to foreign-
    speaking people, regularly sharing in fami-
    ly worship, cooperating with Hospital Liai-
    son Committees, and conducting ourselves
    properly at conventions? We also show our
    appreciation for God’s guidance by accept-
    ing counsel. When faced with far-reaching
    decisions, we do not trust in our own wis-
    dom but look to Jehovah and his organiza-
    tion for guidance.
    Wow, quite a difference from what Jesus showed as examples of "good works" and following God's direction in Matthew 25:

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

If there was a pillar of smoke and fire in front of the WTS HQ in Brooklyn and this was specifically foretold by Jesus as a sign that they are his chosen leadership for christians, I would definitely follow them. Sad reality is, they have absolutely no credentials to show they were chosen. In 1919 they were not awaiting their 'master' and were not providing the proper food at the proper time, so they could not have possibly been chosen.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Similarly in modern times, Jehovah has
    never left his people without clear guidance.

WTF, Clear Guidance?

How can they write this crap when they've changed their guidance on issues like blood, generation, the end, education, etc. etc.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think anyone that scouted their own way would have been much better off. That way, they wouldn't have wasted 40 years as that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag did all he could to wear them down and minimize their chances of getting in alive.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

One of these days when I find the time, I'm going to do a spreadsheet to see just how often they mention "the faithful and discreet slave." I swear its like every article anymore mentions the slave. I guess food at the proper time includes reminding us that they're the ones chosen to dispense the food.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Divine Direction"??? According to this quote that includes field ministry directions (that I used to call suggestions) What to do on Family Study Night, and of "Co operating with the HLC"

So these are now directions from the "Divine"....Who is divine? You can answer that as you will but I am as sure as hell that it is not the G/Body !

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah's Witnesses are stuck in Judeo history. They rarely talk about Christ. They talk more about Moses more than not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit