April WT is out. Blood, FDS, moses & crazy stuff...

by bohm 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

Another striking difference is that Moses was the mediator for the nation whereas the GB says the majority of JWs have no mediator.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

One Watchtower article, so much anger. If this article prompts so much anger outside the organization, is it possible it may also jolt a few sleepyhead Witnesses into examining what they're doing in this creepy, controlling, fact-twisting religion?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Further to therevealer's post:

How close is this to an out right lie? ...

... "That slave class, in turn, appoints overseers in the Christian congregation"

This close.

w01 1/15 p. 15 pars. 16-17 Overseers and Ministerial Servants Theocratically Appointed

Today, therefore, the Governing Body appoints qualified brothers at the branches to represent it in making appointments of elders and ministerial servants. Care is taken that those acting representatively on behalf of the Governing Body clearly understand and follow the Scriptural guidelines for making such appointments. Hence, it is under the direction of the Governing Body that qualified men are appointed to serve in the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide.

17 When recommendations for appointment of overseers and ministerial servants are submitted to a branch office of the Watch Tower Society, experienced men rely on God's spirit for guidance in making the appointments.

Are all these 'experienced men' at the Branches, who are chosen to appoint overseers on the GB's behalf, of the 'slave class'? I don't think so.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Confuse and intimidate. All great fascist governments do the same, why are we surprised?

• moshe
    moshe

I as I get this, the JWs who follow the greater Moses by obeying the directions found in the WT, will all wander aimlessly and all will die before reaching the promised land. This is called truth in advertising.

• streets76
    streets76

One Watchtower article, so much anger. If this article prompts so much anger outside the organization, is it possible it may also jolt a few sleepyhead Witnesses into examining what they're doing in this creepy, controlling, fact-twisting religion?

I doubt it. I don't think JWs read the WT. Just ex-JWS.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

stapler99 asked,

It would certainly be interesting to see whether there has been more emphasis upon the authority of the Governing Body in recent years, even if these beliefs are nothing new.

Yes, it would be interesting, and I was intending to do searches on the 2010 CDROM to assess that. The trouble is that, say, "Governing Body" gets so many hits, and trying to refine it down to instances specifically dealing with modern times where the GB is asserting its authority or instructing the r&f to submit to its direction would be enormously time-consuming.

I will say, however, that the term "Governing Body" (irrespective of context) soars above the other years'/publications' occurrences in this last decade or so as follows:

Books

2009 Bearing Witness - 57

Watchtower

2001 - 80

From 2006 to 2009, the WT instances ranged between 30 and 38 per year. In 2010, the term was mentioned 42 times.

-------

"Faithful and discreet slave"

Books

2002 TMS - 17 (by far the highest among the books for that decade)

Watchtower

Usually it ranges in the 20s but peaks at 36 hits for 2004; 45 for 2009; and surprisingly only 14 for 2010.

• designs
    designs

Streets- It shows the inner working of our minds, we can read things we know make no sense or are contradictory and even dangerous but some outside influence such as Social Shunning will make humans drink the Kool-aid.

How many years did I read in Matthew 27 the damning statement 'His blood be upon us' and never think twice about it until I read a Rabbi's statement about this blatant lie that killed millions of Jews.

Wakeup moments a wonderful and painful all at the same moment.

• Mary
    Mary

I think we should print off all these comments, attach them to the article in question and send it off to the Writing Department with a great big "F" marked in the top right hand corner. Actually, if anyone ever tried submitting such tripe in any school, they would be given an "F".

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Amen to Mary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit