April WT is out. Blood, FDS, moses & crazy stuff...

by bohm 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow. I can see now that the wilderness story can be employed to justify just about anything the Society wants. Moses led the Israelites through the wilderness, yet they wandered for 40 years. So too God's organization may seem to wander aimlessly, whether between doctrinal ideas, policies, or just without any purpose whatsoever. Yet like Moses, the F&DS has divine guidence, despite its aimless wandering. The Israelites wandered long enough so that those people who thought they would see the Promised Land in their generation actually died off. So too God's people have been looking forward to the Paradise promise for many years, but not seeing it realized in their generation. Sometimes the organization may even do wrong, just as Moses did by being presumptuous at Meribah, but that doesn't mean that the Israelites weren't under divine oversight. And it was test for those Israelites in the wilderness to remain faithful to God and not disobey him, even under trying circumstances. So too it is a test for modern-day Jehovah's Witnesses to remain faithful to the guidence of the GB.

Ugh.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

W11 4/15 pg. 3 - 5

Do You Discern Evidence of God's Guidance?

When the Israelites saw that pillar for the first time, they must have been awestruck. Sadly, though, that constantly present miracle did not impress the Israelites enough to fill them with lasting confidence in Jehovah. They challenged God's guidance several times.

Israel's rebellious acts demonstrated striking disregard for Jehovah's guidance. The problem was not with their physical sight but with their spiritual outlook. Similarly in modern times, Jehovah has never left his people without clear guidance. Just as he did not expect the Israelites to scout out their own route, we today are not asked to find the way into the promised new world on our own.

(Jesus Christ) has delegated some authority to a faithful slave class, made up of faithful spirit-anointed Christians. That slave class, in turn, appoints overseers in the Christian congregation.-Matt. 24:45-47; Titus 1:5-9. [Who really is the faithful and discreet slave? Who is appointing these overseers?]

When faced with far-reaching decisions, we do not trust in our own wisdom but look to Jehovah and his organization for guidance.

... it was not for each Israelite to determine when to start moving. Instead, the people acted "at the order of Jehovah by means of Moses." (Num. 9:23) Thus Moses, God's channel of direction, likely gave the signal to move. Today, Jehovah's steward class gives a clear signal whenever it is time to make a move. How does the steward do that? By means of articles in The Watchtower and Our Kingdom Ministry, new publications, and talks at assemblies and conventions. Instructions are also conveyed to the congregations through traveling overseers or through letters or training sessions attended by brothers having congregation responsibilities.

God's people today will without fail reach the promised new world. However, whether we personally will be there depends to no small degree on our humble willingness to follow God's direction. [They have made the sacrifice of Christ nothing. Being in the new world means looking to Jehovah and his organization for guidance .... free gift?]

THE WATCHTOWER APRIL 15, 2011 page 7

Andre makes an appearance again.

Study articles ...

Serving Jehovah With All Seriousness PAGE 9

An article encouraging lazy brothers to start taking the lead spiritually with their family and in the congregation.

Make Decisions That Honor God PAGE 13

Followed by two articles that teach JW's just how God's Spirit should make them act since it must not be evident.

Can you tell an apple tree what their fruit should look like?

"The Fruitage of the Spirit" Glorifies God PAGE 18

Are You Allowing God's Spirit to Lead You? PAGE 23

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Jehovah's Witnesses are stuck in Judeo history. They rarely talk about Christ. They talk more about Moses more than not.

Quite appropriate for the "pharisees of christianity".

They should take a lesson from Moses about claiming authority/taking credit over what is God ( and Christ's) Authority.

• wobble
    wobble

Did you notice the subtle use of language that will sink into the subconscious part of a Dubs brain:

"That slave class in turn appoints overseers in the Christian congregation"

Every Dub knows that the 11,000 partakers are consulted about two things, not much and sod-all.

So in the tiny JW mind it is reinforced that the GB is the slave class, the other partakers count for nothing, without them actually saying so.

• bohm
    bohm

There are plenty of other good quotes. For example:

How can we be sure of the identity of that faithful slave, or steward, class?

not indications, certainty. (my bold)

Notice how Jesus himself describes it: “Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time? Happy is that slave, if his master on arriving ?nds him doing so!”—Luke 12:42, 43.

Hence, the steward class is “faithful,” never betraying or abandoning Jehovah, Jesus, Bible truths, or God’s people.

So its someone who believe in the bible...

Being “discreet,” the steward class shows good judgment in directing the all-important work of preaching the “good news of the kingdom” and making “disciples of people of all the nations.” (Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20)

..who preach...

“At the proper time,” the steward class obediently distributes spiritual food that is wholesome and nourishing.

...and tell other people stuff about the bible. that can truly only be one group. If this is not enough, there is a perfectly circular argument:

Jehovah’s approval is seen in how he blesses his people with increase, guidance in important decisions, better comprehension of Bible truths, safeguards against annihilation at the hands of their enemies, and peace of mind and heart.

yes, so because they tell people what to do, they are the ones who God has appointed to tell people what to do!

Other good quote:
    How can we show that we appreciate God’s guidance? The apostle Paul said: “Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive.” (Heb. 13:17)

so what is gods guidance exactly?

• minimus
    minimus

You're right! Take a lesson from Moses! He never got into the promised land.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I swear I'm hyperventilating at work from reading this thread. This topic just drives me nuts. I feel like murdering someone right now. You wonder how they sleep at night after printing this stuff. I swear........ughgh...... Leolia, your post is enough to make one consider suicide.

• jay88
    jay88

I know,....I know---- I used copy and paste.

Question: "Why was Moses not allowed to enter the Promised Land?"

Answer:
    In Numbers 20:8 , the Lord told Moses, "Take the staff, and you and your brother Aaron gather the assembly together. Speak to that rock before their eyes and it will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community so they and their livestock can drink." Numbers 20:9-11 records Moses' response: "So Moses took the staff from the LORD's presence, just as He commanded him. He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, ‘Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?’ Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank." Numbers 20:12 gives us the Lord's response, "But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them."

What did Moses do that warranted such a severe penalty from the Lord? First, Moses disobeyed a direct command from God. God had commanded Moses to speak to the rock. Instead, Moses struck the rock with his staff. Second, Moses took the credit for bringing forth the water. Notice how in verse 10 Moses said, "must we (referring to Moses and Aaron) bring you water out of this rock." Moses took credit for the miracle himself, instead of attributing it to God. Third, Moses did this in front of all the Israelites. Such a public example of direct disobedience could not go unpunished. Moses’ punishment was that he would not be allowed to enter the Promised Land ( Numbers 20:12 ).

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Last article.

''Are you allowing God's spirit to lead you?''

''For example, keeping the computer in an open area can serve as a protection. Some find it best to use the computer or watch television only when others are present. Others have decided not to have access to the Internet.'' (bolds mine)

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I feel like murdering someone right now. You wonder how they sleep at night after printing this stuff. I swear........ughgh...... Leolia, your post is enough to make one consider suicide.

Leolia is like Sarah Palin - just her words can drive otherwise sane people into acts of violence.

Seriously, I cannot remember ANYTHING like this prior to 1975 - is this just my faded memory, or has this insistence on GB total command gotten much worse in just the past 2 or 3 years?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit