I told my daughter I was leaving "the truth" this weekend.

by whathappened 77 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

WOW!!! Pity we cant get your binder...Great Job
    My only concern is that was an awful lot of (unravelling)
    in one sitting. But you mention she is very intelligent,so
    maybe her mind could take it. I know that would have been
    far to much for mine( but I am a nut case)
    Good for you... Wonderful thing to share with us.
    I do hope the newbies that just lurk read it all in detail

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

I just ditto everyone else's comments.....you went into this informed and prepared and did it in a loving way. Thanks for letting us know not only that you talked to her but what information you presented to her.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Your a good Mom . I hope your daughter will let it all sink in and she will raise her new baby free of the oppression .

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I read the opening post. Don't have the time to read all the responses so far. But I wanted to say BRAVO.

This will make my day.

• garyneal
    garyneal

priceless

• out4good3
    out4good3

Excellent Work.....

It is only a pity that so many others won't listen with such an open mind.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm so happy for you. I think the way you presented it was perfect. Her husbands attitude seems promising also.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

"Whathappened" is a wonderful mother and sister. It said a lot about her and the love we have that she was just as quick as her daughter to assure me that she wouldn't shun me. It was only a couple of weeks later that she opened the discussion again, and pretty much started down the path to the new "truth". I am so lucky to have her as my sister. Hopefully my niece and her husband wil come out. I have a pretty good feeling about her daughter, she is very smart, well educated, and open minded. She and her husband both have university degrees, and they are very keen on their child attending a university. The new things about higher education will not go down well with them. "Whathappened" also mentioned the new policy on higher education I think.

Her daughter will come out I think. Her son-in-law is a good prospect as well. His father is not "in the truth" and neither is his only sibling. His mother is a casual JW most of the time. But, his friends are all in, and he has been raised that way. None-the-less, he doesn't have so much to sacrifice should my neice come out. It is definately a matter of timing and extreme tact. I am hopeful.

GrandmaJones

• sd-7
    sd-7

Unbelievable story. If I'd had the chance to prepare such data myself in advance, maybe I would've stood a better when I told my wife about it. I felt like I was there as you related your story. What a terrible thing to have to tell someone. It breaks my heart all over again every time I hear a story like this. I hope this is the beginning of something hopeful for you and your family.

--sd-7

• Ding
    Ding

Your daughter handled the disclosures very well.

I have shown similar evidence to JWs and had them say, "Yeah, so what?" or "That's apostate literature!" and refuse to look.

So far so good.

Please keep us posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit