I told my daughter I was leaving "the truth" this weekend.

by whathappened 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Sounds like you did your research and prepared for the visit..you did a good job!

It's so easy to get sidetracked but it sounds like you covered quite a bit in a orderly fashion..

And just for the record, I can never ever refer to the JW religion as "The Truth"..it churns my stomach...

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Also wanted to add, having raised three children in the JW religion I often wonder..how do they look at us , really, after all those years of teaching them and telling them that "The JW's have "The Truth". How can they respect us?

All of a sudden we are telling them it was all a lie?

How do you answer that question...

Snoozy

Thankfully all my kids left in their middle and late teens when I did but I still think it is in the back of their minds...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have my fingers crossed for you all.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That sounds like some binder. Wow

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm so happy for you. Hopefully your son-in-law will see the light too.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

wow! yes Crisis of Conscience should be next but give it to her in pdf so she can keep it hidden. Also she must not share with husband just yet.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Very great and inspiring story. Thanks you for sharing. Ih ope everythings works out for her and you. Please, do not forget to encourage her to visit jwn.net for more updates. freeminds.org is also a good site too. I believe, this is the first step to the long but fruitful process of dewatchtowerization. Sooner or later, it will be over and you will feel better like many of us around here. Good luck.

Scott77

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow, when is your binder going to be "released"?!!

Bravo, your delivery of so many facts was so methodical, yet with all the sincere emotion a mother could give her daughter. Obviously, you each have a tremendous healthy respect for each other. That will be a day neither of you will ever forget.

I look forward to hearing how things go in the future and hope the best for the both of you!

• dozy
    dozy

Well done. It is very difficult to be so open with JW family as their loyalty is to the WTBTS above all else. One concern I would have is that if your son-in-law is an appointed man he would lose his position if he didn't shun you or permitted his wife to have any kind of relationship with you - a point that was emphasised at the recent KM school.

• teel
    teel

Amazing story, very well done. Funny thing about her allergy - maybe she's already sensing the BS? If I may suggest a slight correction to your excellent approach, try not to use the word "truth" when referring to the cult, it's a buzzword designed to manipulate thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit