I told my daughter I was leaving "the truth" this weekend.

by whathappened 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good luck! And thanks for sharing your story.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Whathappened-thank you for lthe update. You must be incredibly happy with your outcome! I'm so glad for you.

• ammo
    ammo

all the very best to you

x

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

Wishing you the best, What Happened. When I DA'd myself I was terrified my mother would have to shun me. She told me that she could never turn her back on one of her children. She faded sucessfully and we are much happier for it. I hope your daughter follows your courageous lead.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Mercedes_29, my own mother who was baptised in 1956 told my sister and I when we asked her if she would never shun us. She said "of course not, you are my daughters."

My daughter said almost the same thing when I told her I live in constant fear that she will change her mind and shun me. She said in a raised voice, "oh no, never...you are my mother."

She did tell me that she cried at every meeting for about 3 months after I told her I was quitting and why. I don't know if it was because in her heart she knows it's all bs or because she thinks I'm going to die at Armageddon. I think it's that she knows in her heart that it's all bs. If she really thought her beloved mother and aunt were going to die at Armageddon, she would try to reason with us to get us to return to the congregation/organisation. (I think she's staying in for the fellowship and because she loves to wear pretty dresses and high heels. She's a very pretty woman. )

• rather be in hades
  • Emery
    Emery

Certainly its a nerve racking situation anytime you have to confess a belief that is preached as mentally diseased and out of favor with Jehovah Almighty. Reading your approach appeared to me like an apostate overload for any rank and file witness to initially handle. I would really focus on unrefutable biblical evidence for your position. For instance the stance i've used with people is the 1919 Faithful and Discreet Slave appointment. I ask for the biblical chronology that would lead us to this doctrine. Also I make it known the kind of food given "at the due time" for this selection. I ask whether a perfect being and heavenly creature like Jesus Christ would select a repeated false prophet to advance his perfect kingdom on earth? Hammer and stay on this point as long as possible. Talking about Free Masons symbols tends to fall in the ad hominem category, it doesn't really affect their overall doctrines, theology, or authority....it isnt as powerful as say Deut. 18:20-22. Use the books "The Finished Mystery" and "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" to show them the food Jesus supposedly approved of. Show them that the food being preached from door-to-door during the selection process of 1918-1919 was to ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE! THE KINGDOM which was to follow the 1925 Armageddon and resurrection. They were preaching under false prophecy. They were invisibly chosen during a time when JW doctrine and interpretation of scripture was so alien and heretic now that it really would take a mentally diseased and scripturally ignorant person to accept that grand claim.

• jgnat
    jgnat

May it all go well and may you have continued contact with your daughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit