I told my daughter I was leaving "the truth" this weekend.

by whathappened 77 Replies latest jw friends

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Wow! I'm glad she handled it as well as she did, and it sounds like you definitely planted some seeds in her mind as well.

• whathappened
    whathappened

This is an update to my story about my daughter and I. After a couple of weeks, she called me and said that she had decided to call me every Sunday evening to see how I am doing, and, that would be all the contact we would have.

I lost it. I cried and begged her to reconsider. I told her this would be the death of me. I told her I didn't want to live without her and my grandson in my life. She said she was sorry and that's how it would have to be.

Then, I emailed her a heartfelt letter appealing her decision, pointing out that she was alive today, (she was born in 1978) because of my not listening to the organisation about not having children. I said if I had listened to them, you wouldn't even be here. I told her that wasn't natural or healthy for us to sever our relationship. Within a week, she called me and denied she ever said that our contact would be limited to simply weekly phone calls. She invited me to vist her and I went to her house and spent the weekend there. We agreed only to discuss non spritual subjects. I continued to be invited down every 4 to 6 weeks and went. We had a wonderful time together.

She asked me if I had reconsidered coming back to the hall. I simply told her no, that I couldn't because I didn't believe it was the truth. She dropped the subject and continues to talk to me.

Since then, I have come to visit her bringing my nephew's exwife, who is disfellowshipped along. She met us and we ate at restaurants together. She didn't shun her. My daughter has also came to visit me in my current home town, and visited the home of my sister, who is also an ex JW, and my nephew and his ex JW family.

I recently sent her an email, informing her that if anything ever happened to me of a medical nature, that I would now accept a blood transfusion and I stated why, using the article on JWfacts as my outline. She wrote back and said she understood.

This is the latest. My 87 year old JW mother is now in a nursing home under hospice care. My daughter and a girl JW cousin are coming to visite her and they are staying overnight with us. My JW cousin knows my sister and I are both apostate but she is still coming to stay in our home and of course will be sharing a meal. This weekend, we are hoping for an opportunity to discuss with both of them why we no longer believe the whole JW thing in a more relaxed atmosphere and in person.

We are ready and well prepared for their known JW apologist responses. Please, everyone, wish us luck.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I know this is a hard situation - but compared to what some have experienced you really have had it easier.

Hope you can make some sense to these relatives.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow, can you make that packet available for printing?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Thanks for the update. Best wishes all the way around!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Everything that was in my binder is readily available on the internet. I will try to put it together and share it with all of you. I will also let everyone know what happens this weekend.

• Quendi
    Quendi

My very best wishes, whathappened, to you and all whom you hold dear. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Quendi

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Good luck! (May all the gods and godesses of luck grant you their favor)

• whathappened
    whathappened

Quendi, I've been follwing you and really want you to tell your story.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Best of luck to you, WhatHappened! It sounds like you've done well in planning. Coincidentally, one of the things that helped my wife wake up was the Awake article of 7/09, Is It Wrong to Change Your Religion?

Using an ex-Mormon forum (like http://www.exmormon.org/) to help them see parallels might be another tactic you could use.

Please keep us posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit