Tyrant of a wife!

by whatistruth 74 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks for the link LV.

• yknot
    yknot

When you file for divorce you ask your lawyer to obtain the restraining order (or lesser order).......

Just be honest with her about why you are divorcing her....

(example) You don't want to be married to here anymore becaues you no longer love her nor see a sustainable future as man and wife.

Leave the WTS completely out of it unless her being a JW is the reason you are leaving.....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

First thing to do is see a lawyer to make sure all your rights are protected. A lawyer can help you plan your escape as well. You may want to consider counselling too. Ten years on a battlefield can take its toll on the best of us.

Your wife sounds a lot like my ex, except my ex didn't scream and curse. She had other, well refined ways, of making a man feel like a piece of shit, and she had it down to an art. I left her and the cult 7 years ago and never looked back. Today I live in my own home where it's quiet and peaceful, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

W

• whatistruth
    whatistruth
    Being married 10 years, she will go after you for alimony. Would she freak if you talked divorce? Do you still go to meetings?

YES!!! We have alread but this is such a strange stiuation but she is also so extremly obsessed with me. So it would to go via seperation agreement. And yes I still go and the bunny rabbit as my witness I hate it so much for the same reasons many on here do. Like I said I feel like I am serving a life sentence in prison

• whatistruth
    whatistruth
    What's the fear about......... has she abused you before with her fists, made threats on your life or just yells?

All the above. And uses personal attacks and manipulation. Think to yourself the very worst thing someone can say to. Now imagine that being said to your face by someone who confesses they love you and mulitply it by 100.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

That is great advice that I will eagerly apply asap. Thank you

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

I need to make this clear. Reasons I have to leave far away

1. My wife

2. The cult

3 Start a new life without either till the day I die

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome!

One more point I have to add to all of the great advice that has been given here:

Do not have relations with her again. You mentioned that she wanted children soon. If she thinks you are leaving, and she is as unstable as she sounds, she would lie about birth control just to get a child from you in an effort to entrap you. You think things are complicated NOW? There is no comparison!

I've seen it happen.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth
    I left her and the cult 7 years ago and never looked back. Today I live in my own home where it's quiet and peaceful, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I am going to print this put it in my wallet to look at when things get really down, which not to be a wuss, is everyday. Thanks.

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

Get out, get out now. You won't be able to reconcile with someone that just needs to argue and abuse. I spent 7 years arguing and shouting. I got to the point I had to leave. I had no money, or connections, so I just enrolled at University in a random far away town. There I got my lodgings. A bit of an odd reason to go to University, but I got away. I spent 5 years single, perhaps a little bit lonely but free. Then 4 years ago I met my new partner. In 4 years no argument, not even a bad word. I realised it wasn't me. That life I had was not normal, and no matter how much you love some one, you can't live life like that. So what is holding you back?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit