Tyrant of a wife!

by whatistruth 74 Replies latest jw friends

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Sposal abuse can work in either direction. When she call your cellphone at work then turn your cell phone off. I am going to go read your topics started before I even offer more advice.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

I can't turn it off, I wish. I need it on for customers

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty
    I really do. If I divulged just a few things she had done to me, you would never believe it. So here it goes. I don't believe in this utter nonsense at all! It is make belief brainwashing fear and guilt. I NEED to get out of this cult badly! My wife believe in it all the way, devote, but mostly because every single person she has ever known in her life has been a jw. More than that she treats me like dog crap on the lawn. We fight every single day, she almost always starts them and when I do it is out of complete sadness of what my on shot at this world is like. It is horrible and would not wish it on my worst enemy. When we fight it lasts usually for about 3-4 hours of her constant screaming extreme cursing emotional abuse. I honestly try with her, I am not a bad guy at all.I need to start over!
    Question is: How do I leave this cult with a wife like this, all hell would break loose! Also how do I leave her and the cult together, because believe me she will not make it easy and when it comes to that point I will actually be in fear of my life. This is very serious stuff here. I need help more than ever. Please help me with this horrible situation/prison I am in.

Big Hugs to you. I would tell her straight. You hate all this arguing and abuse and that if she persists on talking & treating you badly as she does then your going to walk. In this JW situation you are in you are the head of the house and she ought to respect that. Clearly she wont so get your walking boots on, and enter into the real world :~)

Lifes too short to stay in an unhappy realtionship. Have a good look at your finances & work out how you can do a sharp exit. Get out, Dont look back and Keep moving forward, regardless of whether the rest of your family are JW.. I just hope that there are no children involved.... x

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

I can do that becasue there is no children involved, though she wants some shortly, even more reason to leave. With innocent children involved in that household and lifestyle is a terrible thing to do to such ones

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Does she work?

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

Yes part time

• laverite
    laverite

Do not have children with someone like that. Can you imagine what it would do to the children to have a mother like that?

Find a way to get out when she's not home or distracted. Leave with the clothes on your back (or are some petty wordly belongings worth it for you to stay?), get a restraining order, and move to another area far far away. Make yourself inaccessible. You can do it if you really want to. You will have to sacrifice everything but you have everything to gain.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Good. Save your own money for a month. Don't pay any bills. (longer if you need it) Go get your own apartment with the money. You don't need any furniture but a bed. It'll be much more peaceful.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    She cant argue if your not in the room with her... Walk away from her

Unfortunately that tactic can backfire. It adds "You never listen to me! Don't you dare walk away while I'm talking to you!" to the list of alleged grievances. It can make the next fight even worse. Yes, that's from personal experience.

Whatistruth, please accept what little consolation there is in knowing that you're not alone and things can get better in time. I think your last good hope is to propose counseling from a qualified, unbiased professional (not the elders, who are unqualified amateurs favoring the "more spiritual" party). If she agrees and goes with you, there's a chance to find common ground on which to rebuild your marriage. If she won't, choose the alternative you can better live with: continue living the same way, or admit the marriage is over.

• laverite
    laverite

And to add what Grandma Jones said, your bed can be a blow up bed at first. Get yourself a $2 pillow, a $10 blanket and a $20 blow up bed and a little one room apartment (or rent a room somewhere already furnished).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit