Nugget and Cantleave are no longer Jehovah's Witnesses

by cantleave 148 Replies latest members private

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm sorry I missed this thread when it was started. CONGRATULATIONS Nugget and Cantleave!!!

"Everyone that has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive many times more..." Don't look back, bro and sis. The future is bright!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nugget and Cantleave, I have been reading this thread. It is a cautionary tale for all of us. We should never disclose too much of ourselves on line, but in a chatty messge board setting it can be easy to do.

I am interested that you have threatened legal action . It is the first time that I have come across this in the U K so I will be very interested to learn the outcome.. My understanding is that if that happens the elders must seek advice from the Bethel Legal Desk before proceeding . I wonder what they will tell them to do?

In the days that I was involved, we were told that if a person refused to attend a J C or to explain themselves we could proceed anyway in their absence and assume their guilt.................

Anyway , the best of luck to you and as the old cod Latin maxim goes "Nil illigitimi carborundum"...loosely meaning "Never let the b@st@rds get you down !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

nugget - "Vidiot, if they are truly out to get you then they will."

Yeah, so I've gathered. At least, if someone feels, I dunno, "threatened" by me or somthing. Hard to imagine that happening, though. Maybe if it's someone with an old grudge who's "reaching out" and wants some apostate-hunter street cred, though...

nugget - "Each circumstance is unique, and people surprise you."

Hope you're right - in some very specific ways. Maybe I'll be able to share a bit more later on...

nugget - "Things I couldn't contemplate a year ago I find I can face with calmness."

Ohh yeah; preachin' to the choir, babe. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

• s0rt3d
    s0rt3d

Hello Nugget and Cantleave! It is very painful to have 'friends' and 'family,' people that you love, turn away from you as if you were a leper or someone dangerous. It is hurtful to be treated like scum, like a criminal, when you know you've done nothing wrong. I'd felt like 'am.ha.ret' the way my 'brothers' treated me and I was very depressed and battled with suicidal feelings. Happily you've got each other and your wonderful kids so no matter how tough things get just hang in there.

There is life outside of the WBTS - as you've been able to see and enjoy for yourself. You are right, the shunning changes things but doesn't mean that life is over. And now that you are out, free, you can truly live!

Isn't it fantastic to wake up on mornings and not think of having to take the daily text, have a family discussion on it, go out in Field service, make return visits, conduct Bible studies, prepare for meetings, sit through mind-numbing Watchtower studies, repetitive, tedious (and sometimes condescending) Public Talks, bookstudies, Theocratic Ministry School and Service Meeting parts! Don't you feel a HUGE sense of relief to realize that that is all a thing of the past?!

Congratulations! Your lives are now your own, really and truly, 100%.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome, s0rt3d!

• s0rt3d
    s0rt3d

Hey leavingwt! Thanks for the welcome (Have been 'lurking' for about 2yrs now. This site has been VERY helpful. All of you who post - even the unkind 'trolls' - have made it easier to understand and to cope with all the emotions etc that come with leaving the harmful WBTS. So, I guess I should also say 'Thanks' for the help! )

• nugget
    nugget

S0rt3d thank you for your post this board has helped us a great deal as a family to have the courage to face up to the organisation and start a new life in the real world. The support and assistance here is invaluable and helped us to work through our early misgivings and desire to remain under the radar and helped us realise that shaking off the organisation completely was the best thing for our children. without this board we may have been living cautiously for longer.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I thought you can face your accuser ?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Remember the future looks bright

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit