sammielee24

See the controversial target map below:

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

"17 more to go!"

Now it's 16.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I doubt highly Sarah Palin was advocating killing the people in the cross hairs! Let's not make this tragedy a political forum. I would be willing to bet that Democrats "targeted" Republican seats as well.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I doubt highly Sarah Palin was advocating killing the people in the cross hairs!

What are cross hairs for? Palin was targeting political opponents - not moose. One of Palin's adversaries is now fighting for her life with a bullet through her head.

Furthermore, Palin was warned months ago, that her choice of a gun crosshairs to illustrate her targeted enemies was dangerous.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sarah palin's america.

S

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Why do people make this horrible incident political it is tragic people died and we are acting as if Sara Palin had something to do with it...

• leavingwt
  • Satanus
    Satanus

"Why do people make this horrible incident political it is tragic people died and we are acting as if Sara Palin had something to do with it..."

Sheeple like to free those in power and influence of any resposibility for their actions, speech and websites. To them, strange is the sound of responsibility going w power and influence.

S

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I doubt highly Sarah Palin was advocating killing the people in the cross hairs! Let's not make this tragedy a political forum. I would be willing to bet that Democrats "targeted" Republican seats as well.

No one is saying that Sarah Palin was advocating actually shooting people. However, Democracts had warned Republicans for months that they needed to lower the rhetoric because 'crazy' people can be encouraged by such actions.

Please don't play obtuse as to this effect as we have witnessed it play out repeatedly throughout the world. Take for example the military officer Benjamin Netanyahu who "upped" the rhetoric and intimated that Menachem Begin might be apostate for seeing peace with the Palestinians only to have a Jewish religious zealot shoot Begin point blank a short time later.

Or, more recently, Benizhar Bhutto.

Political leaders who have a platform have a moral duty to measure their speech; Sarah Palin did not do that. It was incredibly irresponsible of her to present such a map.

Giffords didn't realize how prescient she was being.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/136815-giffords-warned-heated-rhetoric-could-have-qconsequencesq-in-march

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), who was shot in the head at a public event in Tucson, Ariz., Saturday, said in a March interview the heated political rhetoric surrounding the healthcare reform debate could have "consequences."

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A former classmate of Loughner at Pima Community College said he was “obviously very disturbed.”

“He disrupted class frequently with nonsensical outbursts,” said Lynda Sorenson, who took a math class with Loughner last summer at Pima Community College’s Northwest campus.

Sorenson doesn’t recall if he ever made any threats or uttered political statements but he was very disruptive, she said. He was asked to leave the pre-algebra class several times and eventually was barred from class, said Sorenson, a Tucson resident.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_91db5db4-1b74-11e0-ba23-001cc4c002e0.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit