Understanding Christ's Sacrifice

by tec 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec
    When the Watchtower Leaders put their Blood policy into place and had all of us Elders follow it or else there was community guilt for the lives lost and the GB members were directly culpable for the lives lost.

Yes, absolutely. But Christ was not at fault for the actions of these people who 'claim' to be speaking for him. They (GB/Elders/regular people) were not following Christ; they were following the WTS. Mercy and love would have forgiven a blood transfusion - EVEN IF it WAS against the law. Because there is no law against love.

That is what Christ taught. Even if a person can't grasp that teaching in spirit... it's right there in black and white.

The same thing applies to 'His blood be upon us.' Regardless of whether that was said or not - Christ would not have condoned violence against the Jewish people. He did not leave it uncorrected. He specifically taught against it. If someone could not grasp that teaching in spirit... then again, it was right there in black and white for them to see.

Christ had to be ignored first, in order for people to go ahead and do the opposite of what He taught.

I am not disagreeing with you about the blood on 'Christianity's' hands. But had they been listening to Christ - as they claimed - the blood of innocents would not be on their hands. Should church leaders 'man up, admit their mistakes, and try to live the rest of their lives better?' Yes. Have they? I don't know.

Tammy

• designs
    designs

Tammy-

If he is as powerful as he claims to be why didn't he step in and stop the slaughter of the innocent. I was watching the movie Clash of the Titans and the obvious parallels to Christianity and in some respects the story of all religion. Zeus and Hades battle for the love of humans which makes them stronger, Perseus the god/son of Zeus battles the forces Hades throws at him, it is the Age of the Humans and they defy the Gods and their tryanny.

Jesus proclaims he sits on a Throne with the power of Life and Death and sends people to his Left and Right, to Hades and Paradise.

Jesus did nothing to stop the Killing he watched and watched the slaughter, at least Perseus, another myth, fought back.

We xJWs found the strength to break free and fight back at myths, corrupt power and religion. We will live the rest of our lives better.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

you said: "I don't remember an account saying that He made us "good". He didn't even describe himself as good. I only remember that he carried our sins for us - out of love - but not that this made us "good". "...

I walk all over the hills and I was way back in the beginning . genesis 1:27 says "So God created man in His own image..."genesis 1:31 says "Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good..."

I have heard people say that it doesn't matter what you believe about Jesus as long as you believe in Him...I don't believe this to be true, I believe it is very important that you understand the true nature of Jesus in order to have a "saving faith" in Him. Otherwise who is to say that belief in Him is a life or death decision...that statement could even only be a personal opinion. While the bible doesn't come right out and say that God is a trinity it does have scripture that helps the Holy Spirit to lead you to this conclusion. The knowledge of this truth is the "Love of God" spread abroad in your heart, in my experience.(col 3:16)

If you haven't seen these, perhaps you could set some time aside to listen to the two presentations...open your bible and pray that the Holy Spirit would use the scriptures to lead you into all truth.

http://jumbofiles.com/y9agdpx30l66/Dr. Walter Martin - Jehovah's Witnesses and the Real Jesus - Part 1.mp3.html and http://jumbofiles.com/ugp6ajhcgthv/Dr. Walter Martin - Jehovah's Witnesses and the Real Jesus - Part 2.mp3.html

love michelle

p.s. weatherman says more snow is on the way the kids have lots of fun goofing around in fresh snow, don't they? old snow just isn't as much fun it seems.

• designs
    designs

Michelle-

I use to listen to Walter Martin's radio show, he was responsible for more Witnesses staying Witnesses on the West Coast than any other person other than Greg Laurie from Calvary Chapel. I spent a couple of years going through Martin's book on Cults with a Jesuit just to see if it held water, it didn't. All Martin did was promote the Cult of the Trinity, he was as much a slave to that concept as any Witness was to the Society.

The Greek and Roman Bishops and Eastern and Western Popes made sure their Cult gained the power base at all costs by murder and setting on fire any who opposed them. Nice Cult you want people to join, makes the Governing Body look like a bunch of bad Nannies.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear designs...

thank you...do you have anything else to add to the discussion?

love michelle

• designs
    designs

Facts and history never make a dent with some people yet you want Witnesses to wake up and change...go figure.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Redeem Israel, O God, out of all their troubles. psalm 25:22

• tec
    tec
    If he is as powerful as he claims to be why didn't he step in and stop the slaughter of the innocent

He did step in. He came here, showed us how to live, through both his words and his deeds. We don't listen.

What else do you think he should do other than what he will do : take in and comfort the 'sheep' and cast out the 'goats' ?

(also I did NOT like the remake of Clash of the Titans. There was no Hades conflict in the original. It was between Zeus/his son Perseus and Aprhodite/her son Calibus - over the princess, Andromeda.... just had to say that.)

Tammy

• designs
    designs

Tammy-

When did this Jesus you believe in stop Bishop Chrysostom and his mob of Christians from raping, ransacking and murdering the Jewish Community in Alexandria Egypt, or stop Bishop Eusebius, or Pope Victor or or.... For someone claiming all of the Divine prerogatives he remained silent and inactive to save innocent people. If you had the power to stop a rape I am sure you would.

He told the Jewish religious leaders of his day they were going to Gehenna and he was the one in charge of sending people there (those on my left, remember good ol Matthew 25). He is a guy with a Double Message- I love you, Follow me or else.

There were better teachers in his day and since who didn't have the hubris to say of themselves they would send those who refuse to acknowledge him as the Messiah to a Gehenna. Strange Love message when taken in context. The message of Revelation only makes his case worse.

• tec
    tec
    He told the Jewish religious leaders of his day they were going to Gehenna and he was the one in charge of sending people there (those on my left, remember good ol Matthew 25)

Those on His left were not allowed access to the Kingdom. They were to depart from Christ. (weeping and gnashing of teeth when you are excluded from the kingdom) He also didn't tell the Jewish religious leaders of his day that he was sending them to Gehenna... he asked them how would they (the ones who beat the poor and downtrodden/the hypocrites) escape? Not by continuing to beat the poor, or continuing to by hypocrites. But they could have repented, they could have changed their ways; something they could not have done if he had struck them dead, which he did not do. He rebuked and warned them.

So I'm not sure what you are saying here - because it sounds like you're saying Christ is bad for not stopping those who are hurting innocents... but he will also be bad for stopping those who are hurting innocents?

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit