WT Society's Paranoia Over Spiral Binding of Elder's Textbook - Crazy

by flipper 67 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The level of control is mind-boggling. It's an extension of the arbitrary rule-making that goes on at every level of the organization, with information on even the most trivial matters released on a strictly need-to-know basis. I guess it gives all these petty-minded elders an elevated sense of importance.

Still, I can look up the statutes and laws of my state, the detailed road rules, and read them and modify my behavior accordingly. It is very puzzling why the WTS would want to keep these simple procedural rules, which determined whether members are "approved" or "not approved", so secret.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I think the WT is just reinforcing their (the Elders) pseudo-importance.

• flipper
    flipper

OUTLAW- Very true what you say. I heard that they warned our board to not post links to the textbook. In actuality I feel the WT society may be MORE concerned about rank and file JW members gaining access to the elders textbook than it getting out online anyway. But the only way JW's will get access to the book IS online ! LOL ! It's so ironic . The more the GB tries to plug holes on the sinking ship, the more holes appear ! The leaders of the WT society are getting a very thorough lesson that they can't hide ANYTHING anymore. And yes on the huge world scene- they really don't matter.

GLTIREBITER- I see the comparison to big companies and how they try to have " secret manuals " as well. However there IS information in the Elders textbook which most ordinary JW's no nothing about. Like bringing an eyewitness with you to your JC if you are accused of a sin. Elders NEVER inform a person of that right if they are charged with a sin . It's in the elders book- but NOT the WT magazine or Kingdom Ministry. Elders are taught by the WT society to keep an " upper hand " on ANY information access for witnesses so they can maintain ultimate control over members.

WTWIZARD- Good points you make. This information is EXTREMELY demeaning to JW women, or ANY women for that matter. I think the GB and WT society is thinking that they'll just order witnesses to NOT look at apostate websites on the internet and this will prevent JW's from SEEING any of the Elders textbook. However ANY witness sitting on the fence and having doubts wILL check out apostate websites anyway. So like I mentioned, it's like the WT society is trying to plug holes in a leaking ship. Won't work.

MEANGIRL- You are welcome . I want you to know your opinions are valued very much on THIS site ! The horrific chauvanistic, patriarchal attitudes promoted inside the JW organization should be outlawed. Inside the witnesses the treatment of dogs and cats as pets is better than how JW men are taught to treat their wives and children. Just want you to know I view penises and vagina's with equality , fairness, and justice. LOL ! Good points you make.

CAMEO-D- I think the GB is full of optical illusions inside their heads actually. They are so confused and desperate to keep their charade and game going- they don't know up from down, seriously. As you said they are lying to save their invested interests in the JW organization so they'll do ANYTHING to keep it going . ( Example : Overlapping generation )

LISTENER- Yeah, I agree, it's paranoia. They have NEVER trusted " sisters " in the congregations and yes, gossipping talks are usually pointed at innocent women. The details in this new elders textbook are also 99 % about DFing procedures, Judicial committees, etc. Almost NOTHING about just normal functons in the congregation. Crazy.

DAGOTHUR- I too feel that the WT society will become even MORE controlling as each year passes without any sniff of Armageddon. Like you said the GB will become MORE aloof and upper echelon Bethel members will create more of a distance between themselves and rank and file members. Scary stuff.

MrMONROE- You make some good points. Yes - We can look up statutes and laws in our states to see laws, yet rank and file JW's ARE NOT allowed to see certain rules only elders know about. A typical JW is kept in the dark about these things. And it's all about CONTROL . THAT is why the WT society keeps doing this. They WANT JW's to know nothing about their sleazy unspoken rules.

MIDWICH CUCKOO- Exactly. It's a reinforcement of the elders " alleged " importance - but ironically it's also control of the elders by the WT society as well ! So the elders THINK they are in control, but they are BEING controlled by a bigger fish in the pond- Bethel legal & the GB. A vicious cycle of power, control, and manipulation ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this up for any who missed it or wanted to comment. Thanks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Flipper....paranoia? To a certain extent, they may have reason to.

A number of years ago I sent a Theocratic School manual to someone in PA. What he received was something TOTALLY different than what I sent. Instead of a 2 inch thick manual, the brother received some cassete tapes of apostate info.

Boy did I get in trouble. I can only think that the package I sent broke open in the Post Office and some goofy postal worker decided to sabatoge my package.

That incident went all the way to the Society and they told me to just forget it. I wonder if I got a black mark on my file??

• Mary
    Mary

Well Flipper, I truly hope the Slobbering Body members are enjoying my Christmas present. I sent them a copy of the new elders manual, coil bound with a note that said: "This manual was downloaded, read and bound by an apostate female. Merry Christmas you chauvanistic jackasses." And then I put a picture of a donkey with his teeth showing in a smile.

• flipper
    flipper

MONKEYMAN- What a strange experience you had ! Sounds like an apostate sabotaged your package ! Really weird. So, yeah, I guess the WT society has reasons to be paranoid and scared. Good. Let's keep em scared. Serves them right.

MARY- That is hilarious ! I hope the Slobbering Body got the point you were making. Pretty funny ! Those chauvanistic weenies deserve it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

3Mozzies

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Mary: You did? awesome

• meangirl
    meangirl

Aw thanks Flipper! Very SweetOh and Mary that is freakin awesome!!!!!! You just made me laugh soooo hard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit