WT Society's Paranoia Over Spiral Binding of Elder's Textbook - Crazy

by flipper 67 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

This letter was sent as an addendum to the elders regarding their latest Elders textbook. I think you'll find this interesting and also disconcerting as well.

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS

Re: Spiral binding of Shepherding textbook

Dear Brothers :

Since the release of the new Shepherding textbook, several elders have asked about the possibility of having their textbook spiral bound. There is no objection if an elder personally spiral binds or laminates his own textbook or does so for other elders. If he has another baptized brother who is not an elder do the work for him, the elder must WATCH WHILE THE WORK IS BEING DONE. Outside companies, unbelievers, or sisters ARE NOT PERMITTED to do this work. The material in the book is confidential, and confidentiality MUST be preserved.

Each elder should make the following notation next to the box on the title page of the Shepherding textbook : " See letter dated October 7, 2010, to all bodies of elders regarding spiral binding of this textbook. "

Please be assured of our warm Christian love and best wishes.

Your brothers ,

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

cc: Traveling overseers

P.S. to secretary :

This letter should be retained in the congregation permanent file of policy letters. You may wish to update the congregation copy of Index to Letters- For Bodies of Elders ( s-22) at this time as well.

O.K. Is this weird, or is this weird ? First of all - so much for elders trusting that a non-elder brother spiraling his Shepherding book is trustworthy or not ! Now let's be realistic - WHAT elder is going to stand there looking over the shoulder of a non-elder brother spiraling this elders Shepherding book ? That's just creepy ! And JW sisters ? Don't YOU just get a warm , fuzzy , cared for feeling that YOU are put in the same category with WORLDLY outside companies or UNBELIEVERS in that you are NOT ALLOWED to spiral bind elders textbooks ?? How does THAT make you feel on the WT society totem pole ? Pretty bad. That's what I thought. And how arrogant is the WT society to think that WORLDLY companies who would spiral bind these elders textbooks in the fIRST place would give a rats a$$ about the contents anyway ?? They are just there to spiral bind them and make some $$$$ . They don't care about the content.

If you ask me- the WT society is enamored with thinking that non-witnesses and worldly companies think they are important as they themselves think they are. It's delusional, narcissistic of the WT society leaders to think any non-witness companies view them as important. And it's unspeakable how they view JW women in the organization. If you have ever BEEN a JW woman or are currently, I would be INSULTED at the thoughts expressed in this letter. You are within your rights to feel so.

So- I've said my piece . Let me know how YOU folks feel about this letter to the elders. I feel it's insane and paranoid from a desperate cult covering it's legal rear end. As always, I look forward to your takes and observations ! Peace out to all and Happy New year ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I am a lowly woman, and must sit submissively, not voicing opinions....

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

flipper...

when I read this subject line, I thought for certain the WTBTS fools were going to ban the rebinding. I mean, an elder couldn't hide the fact that he had this done. Maybe a bunch of them did (I am presuming that these are softcover not hardcover) and that the books are going to fall apart quickly. First time an elder shows up at a meeting with it rebound, all the elders and the CO knows.

Know my next thought about this letter? I no longer care. Progress. Very little in WTLand matters to me and what little does is only because of my JW mom. Even that is a mere blip on my life radar.

Snakes (Rich )

p.s. Happy New Year to you and Mrs. Flipper. Long time no talk to.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi dear Flipper, well, I'm going to be a little brazen here and say..what a pile of crap!

On the other hand, I just read on Babara's new website, that scripturally speaking, women are 'allowed' to be Deaconesses and teach in churches! Another false teaching has bit the dust

So the WT can stick that silly little bondage book full of absurdities, I laugh in their face! ha ha haha

clarity,... of the womanly class

• flipper
    flipper

GRANDMA JONES- Grandma , you are an intelligent, loving, well informed woman who we are privileged to have on our board here ! You are worth a lot believe me !

SNAKESINTHETOWER- Happy new year to you and your family as well ! We'll have to talk soon ! I hear what you say in not caring about the letter. I understand. I guess because I have so many JW relatives still in it concerns me HOW CONTROLLING this organization is becoming. And the SECRECY that elders keep from the rank and file publishers due to this alleged " confidential " information in the elders book which is a bunch of unjust horse $hit. And this NEW book emphasizes MOSTLY DF rules and JC matters throughout the ENTIRE book differing somewhat from the 1991 version.

CLARITY- Yes, Dear Clarity- it is a steaming pile of horse dung, I agree ! I feel if women should have equal rights with men everywhere and it's disgusting how chauvanistic the WT society is ! I'm glad you saw that info on Barbara's site. Good for you. We enjoy your posts on the board here clarity. You are very valued here for sure ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Considering the New Elders Book was on the Internet,before most WBT$/JW Elders had it..

I would say the WBT$ Letter is Pointless..

The only people they can keep the new WBT$/JW Elders Book from now,is JW`s..

The Rest of the World already has a Copy..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Spectre
    Spectre

I was just going to say the same thing as Outlaw. Haven't they heard of this thing called the internets?

• life is to short
    life is to short

I agree with Outlaw how very stupid and such a put down to us lowly woman. The book was on the internet well before my elders in the hall got their copies as the stupid COBE formerly known as the PO announced that the elders could pick up their copies after the meeting so much no one knowing but that was a month after the book was on the internet.

It is all so stupid

LITS

• clarity
    clarity

Flipper your comment means so much to me, thank you.

clarity,

• flipper
    flipper

OUTLAW- Good points you make. Exactly. So REALLY the WT society seems to be not only paranoid about non-witnesses seeing the elders manual, but even MORE so they don't want JW'S seeing this material . We both know it would piss off royally some JW's if they read all these rules and restrictions. But yeah, it's pretty dumb of the WT society to think this info didn't get out online.

SPECTRE- Hey guy ! Nice hearing from you. Yeah, the WT society has HEARD of the internet, but they get confused- they call it Satan the Devil so they stay away from it ! LOL ! They get scared to death of it. So the fanatic witnesses probably ARE NOT aware that this elders manual is available online.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- It's sick how they put down women. And yes, the non-witnesses and ex-witnesses on the internet received this Elders manual BEFORE JW elders did. But the unlucky ones who sTILL don't have access to this information are rank and file JW's who still attend meetings. And THEY are still the victims of being mistreated by this wacko instruction book to elders. Very bizarre

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit