It Is WRONG To Make Threads About What The Watchtower Is Doing If You Do Not Have Facts To Back It Up!!!

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

If you can provide proof it is good, but most of us can't. We have some excellent folks on here who are amazing at tracking folks down and catching the ones who come here just to spoof us. I do think it is wrong to make sensational type thread titles. I think that makes us all look bad. I dislike those type threads b/c there really is no need to have a title that looks like it came out of one of the rag news magazines.

Many of us come on here and tell our story. We come from all walks of life and positions in the org. Our experiences are going to vary. Congo's do vary a lot too and also your location. We don't generally demand proof. We accept that this was their experience . If the story seems really farfetched I do question it and generally just bounce it out until I see more proof. Even then, I ask myself could their experience be due to jws who are acting on their own without the knowledge of the Boe? Do folks set up others in order to bust them- yes they do. Are there some crazy folks in the org? Yes there are just like there is in any org. Lastly, truth is often stranger than fiction.

I have seen some bizzare stuff in the org, so I don't discount things just b/c I have not experienced it. There are many things that have happened in the org that the wts did not command others to do. Some folks just have acted on their own. If a group of apostates can be busted just about any conduct can be justifed. ( short of serious crime) Is the wts going to print in the mags the things that have done or allowed ( or heard of ) in order to catch apostates? No of course not.
    There is also commone sense. If you tell us all that a UFO landed at Bethel and took the GB as hostages, even if you have pics, I do not believe you. Duh.

• minimus
    minimus

Viola, well said! What you said is this type of thing "makes us all look bad". That is my point. I've never suggested that people shouldn't be able to express their experiences. I've asked people thousands of times to tell us what they know, what their experiences are, etc. What I think is wrong is having people come here and lie and pretend. We've had people play roles as Bethel insiders who played many people here, sometimes using 2 different personnas just to spread misinformation. Remember Jemimah?? It's not right!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Not that anyone is reading all this anymore but personally I found the recording interesting, not that the particular speculations being aired by confused people but the state of mind they were in. They were lonely and reaching out while at the same time eager to impress others with secret insight that might have made them feel more significant. I've been there.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Jack Barr shot JFK!

• minimus
    minimus

Now, this is a good thread! (If I should say so myself)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Heck, this is the internet. Reader beware.

Case in point, an unsubstantiated twitter rumor of the untimely death of Margaret Thatcher caused a ruffle in Canadian diplomatic ranks. Ten Downing street was called. It turned out that Thatcher was a cat.

I think this site is a good example of stretching our critical thinking skills. The skeptics will call out the unsubtantiated rumors, and weigh in. The rest of us can read, research, and reflect.

The thirty year bethelite stories have the ring of truth. The six flags bethelite sounds...well...zooky.

• minimus
    minimus

The 6 flags??

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOL. Slip of the tongue....I meant to say six screens.

About sums up my feelings about the site.

• minimus
    minimus

Got it!

• Scott77
    Scott77
    Good levels of experience is here, and a very healthy dose of skepticism is here.
    Marvin Shilmer

I think, minimus is shooting himself in the foot. JWN is not a reseach site. The closest is JWfacts.com and Barbara's site that references many of Watchtower documents. The watchtower itself, is the biggest sinner in that, it does not provide references and where provided, it does so out context. Yet the witnesses do not care. How do then they would care on about our posts on JWN?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit