It Is WRONG To Make Threads About What The Watchtower Is Doing If You Do Not Have Facts To Back It Up!!!

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Why can't we use journalistic conventions, such as a source, a highly placed source, a top JW official, or cite the references. Word of mouth is important. Of course, how did converts get into the Witnesses in the first place? I would not put it past the WTS to plant false stories. Of course, I have no proof. It is only a hunch.

I'm unclear why they care so much about this site. Are they going to convince anyone here? It seems to me that just to be present here, a decision has been made. Perhaps regulars should print retractions when it is clear the prior info. was wrong.

• minimus
    minimus

You say you know I've qualified my intial comments. Even a moron could understand exactly what I'm saying.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Minimus writes:

“I think we should not make statements about what the Watchtower Society is secretly doing if we can not substantiate the statements.

“We do not know if a "Bethelite" is doing whatever he claims to be doing clandestinely. When we make threads or statements about things we have absolutely no proof of, we are making ourselves look bad.”

That is the remark to which I entered this discussion by responding to it.

Compare that with this sharing of information by Minimus:

“One of the worst scandals I've heard was that of how 2 elders terrorized an entire congregation.ANYBODY that disagreed with them, was considered disloyal. Judicial meetings were set up with anyone that sided in with anyone the elders went after.They would be charged with "causing divisions". Then they would arrange for elders that were friends to sit in the appeal commitee. Eventually dozens and dozens were disfellowshipped because these 2 elders viewed such ones as "wicked". After a couple of years, the Society sent elders and Bethelites over to investigate why all these disfellowshippings were taking place. Finally, these 2 elders got removed with the condition that they would never serve again.”

And there we have it. Minimus suggests participants here should not make statements about things they have absolutely no proof of. Yet this is precisely the privilege Minimus has acted on more times that I care to count.

As I said initially,

“I see no problem with a person sharing what they know Watchtower is doing is they know the information firsthand. The problem is that firsthand knowledge is not always verifiable. Hence, when it comes to sharing firsthand knowledge, I see nothing wrong with sharing information of what Watchtower is doing. In that case the reader must take the information for what it presents: alleged firsthand information that cannot otherwise be verified. In most instances I would say such information is not worth much, but if lots of alleged firsthand accounts are the same or nearly the same, and if the information is plausible based on information that is less than confirmation but suggest a probability, then such information becomes useful.”

Nowhere and at no time have I remotely suggested that any participant here share false information, as suggested of me by the idiot known here as Minimus.

Asking something of others that a person does not follow themselves is the behavior of an idiot, to put it nicely.

Marvin Shilmer

• undercover
    undercover

Only 8 years between those posts...

Damn you, minimus...you've changed...and here I thought I knew you...how could you do this to us?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Minimus writes:

“You say you know I've qualified my intial comments.”

Sure I know this, and you know I know this too, and you know why you know this? Because I said so in precisely so many words, you fool. On that occasion you demonstrated you could actually read, comprehend what I wrote and respond accordingly! So why didn’t you do that in the first place? And then why do you proceed after that to say a bunch of other idiotic things to me--and of me--that are not remotely sustainable in response to what I actually put to paper? You are a fool who acts as you are!

My gripe with you is the idiocy of you responding to what a person takes time to put to pen as though they wrote something they did not write! Things you have suggested of me in response to what I have actually written are plain stupid! I have not done any of what you suggest of me, you fool!

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Undercover writes:

“Only 8 years between those posts...”

What Minimus wrote 8 years ago when he was new here is a decent measure of what new folks here and now have a need for, which is to express what they have firsthand knowledge of regardless of whether they can verify it.

Marvin Shilmer

• minimus
    minimus

Marvin, the context of THIS thread is obvious and you know it! You're not that dumb. I was talking about the sixscreens "Bethelite" thread. My comments 8 years ago WAS based on FACTS that I knew of. This "Bethelite" thread is NOT!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Minimus writes:

“My comments 8 years ago WAS based on FACTS that I knew of. This "Bethelite" thread is NOT!”

Because you find someone else’s allegation of fact difficult to believe, and because those persons do not produce verifiable evidence in support of their allegation of fact means no more and no less than your claim that what you shared 8-years ago is based on fact. But then, an idiot would not recognize that, and you are an idiot.

Marvin Shilmer

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Wow. This one was before my time but someone just posted the info without any support and a bunch of people instantly DID believe him: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/164144/1/Pioneer-hours-change

I think this may have eventually come to fruitition (there's a good WT phrase!) here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/203897/1/BOE-LTR-Dec-26-2010-Increased-Activity-April-2011-Transcript JWFreak who started the pioneer hours change thread 2 years ago makes a comment on the second page:

Hi Yknot When I mentioned the lower limits a couple of years ago, the "bethel gossip at the time" was that Teddie was the one that blocked it. That gossip makes sense now.

JWFreak has been a solid source. 6 screens, on the other hand....it depends who they are interviewing and they are indiscriminate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit