It Is WRONG To Make Threads About What The Watchtower Is Doing If You Do Not Have Facts To Back It Up!!!

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Please, open the can and link the threads. I think they'd be fun to read and instructional in making this thread's point.

• therevealer
    therevealer

pioneer-hours reduction could be having fulfillment now and circuit-overseer thingy could happen. even though armageddon is evidently coming tomorrow or the next day they still plan years in advance. look at the building projects. but I think the thingy that caused this post is quite different

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Wow. This one was before my time but someone just posted the info without any support and a bunch of people instantly DID believe him:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/164144/1/Pioneer-hours-change

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There`s a difference between starting a Thread about a Subject..

And..

Using a Thread to "Advertise Guests" of your Weekly show..

If you have Adverised Guests..

You have a Responsibility to make sure those Advertised Guests are Legitimate..

Or you Run the Risk of..

"Six Screens"..

http://youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ashtonpunked-thumb.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Minimus writes:

“Why give a (legit) platform for someone to make unsubstantiated claims on this site??”

The same reason we give to children to report incidents of them being sexually molested; because they need to tell someone their story, or in some cases what they observed or otherwise know firsthand. Typically these children cannot verify their word, but they need to share their experience regardless.

Lots of folks visit this web site for no reason other than they need to share their firsthand knowledge about something that bothers them within the Jehovah’s Witness community. What you suggest would hinder folks from sharing what they need to share among folks who, generally, understand.

I will add that in most cases of sensational claims my observation is that participants here take the claims to task, which is as it should be. If there is any tendency here, it is to be skeptical of unsubstantiated claims. There is no healthier environment to share unverifiable experiences than in this place for individuals adversely affected by the Watchtower organization’s teachings or policies. Good levels of experience is here, and a very healthy dose of skepticism is here.

Marvin Shilmer

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Here's a link to one of the end-of-CO threads that were going around at that time:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/158643/1/The-End-of-Circuit-Overseers

• minimus
    minimus

James, you get my point.

I respect individuals like Ray Franz or the Andersons. I realize you can't document everything that you know to be true. But readers here SHOULD expect that what they read is true. When threads or statements are made, they should be accurate. If we are telling readers a certain well connected "Bethelite" is exposing the inner workings of Bethel, please be sure of their "credentials"....unless of course, it's not that important to you.

• minimus
    minimus

Marvin, you shouldn't tell "your" story or any other story if it isn't true! I strongly feel this place is not a forum to spread BS!

• mamalove
    mamalove

Most prudent people take what they read on the internet with appropriate caution, skepticism, and level of believability. If they do not, it should not be another's problem. Although I understand both sides of the argument. Just my 2 cents.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

So Johnny might not be a real Bethelite?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit