It Is WRONG To Make Threads About What The Watchtower Is Doing If You Do Not Have Facts To Back It Up!!!

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think we should not make statements about what the Watchtower Society is secretly doing if we can not substantiate the statements.

We do not know if a "Bethelite" is doing whatever he claims to be doing clandestinely. When we make threads or statements about things we have absolutely no proof of, we are making ourselves look bad.

When impressionable people read these things, it sets our efforts back immensely.

Please think about what you're doing. It's counter-productive!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think that since the WTS always makes us look bad we should always make sure what we can can be proven. If it is a rumor then make it clear it is a rumor and ask if others can find verification for it.

But we should never present rumors as if they are fact

JMHO

• alanv
    alanv

Totally agree Minmus. I regularly post on JW forums and find it is essential to be able to back up what I say.

Even when you show a scan of a gov body letter the dubs try and say it is a forgery. I find it very helpful to have the Watchtower cd rom as you can show exactly what the society say about something, and they can accept that a lot easier (even though they don't like it.

• minimus
    minimus

Exactly!

There are too many people that believe things simply because someone says it's so. Seriously, it's not good! It hurts those that DO bring up factual information on this site.

• Terry
    Terry

Between countries at odds with one another it has been found to be just as effective to plant DISinformation as it is to obtain secret information.

The enemy receives a "tip"which they want to believe is true which looks damaging, so, they run with it and make it public only to have it backfire

because it was planted for that very purpose!

The credibility is damaged rendering any future TRUE information less likely to be believed.

It may not be above the GB or their minions to spread disinformation directly to so-called Apostate sites in order to damage credibility and prove every bad thing they say about them is true.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I've been reading hear for a bit now and it seems like it doens't take long for a false statement to get bashed. It is better to either have the proof or as stated make sure you say this is a rumor...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I've been reading hear for a bit now and it seems like it doens't take long for a false statement to get bashed. It is better to either have the proof or as stated make sure you say this is a rumor...

• Think About It
    Think About It

One thing I like about this board is the fact that although it is full of X-JW's most will call Bullshit on false information even if it makes the WTS look bad. To me it makes the credibilty & ethics of the board very legitimate.

Think About It

• james_woods
    james_woods

Minimus - did this get started over the "Bethelite In the Closet" revealing the "20 Bethel Watchtower Facebook Wardens?"

EDIT - and the secret evacuation plans including the air-raid bunkers?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think (at least I HOPE) people are smart enough to read and understand what they're reading. When someone says, "I heard from a friend who's brother is in Bethel..." nobody in their right mind takes that as gospel truth. When someone says, "I wouldn't be surprised if the WT . . . " are people really reading that and believing that the WT actually IS doing . . . ?

Seems to me this is a completely unnecessary thread. People who are prone to believe in conspiracy theories are going to find them and believe in them. People who know how to read and think critically will be able to understand what is a rumor or a speculation and what isn't.

I don't recall many (any, actually) topics started here that made outright claims that were later proven to be untrue. I've seen speculations and rumors fail to come true but they were just that: rumors and speculations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit