Elder wants to do "other activities" with me

by InterestedOne 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Joey Jo-Jo
  • InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

BP, you're right, and we actually are in regular contact for practical reasons related to her business. We do talk occasionally about other things in our lives, but she still has a wall up. The reason I said being in separate congs separates us is that keeps us from having a shared experience. I wanted to be in the same room hearing the same public talk and be able to share our thoughts on it. I wanted to interact with the individual elders that have so much influence in her life. When you're remote, something is lost. Just relaying something I learned somewhere is different from sharing an experience.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

They can't stop you attending some of her meetings if they're at different times to yours. Such as "accidently" sleeping in so that you have to attend her Sunday meeting? You had to work the night your midweek meeting was on, so you attend hers so you don't miss the "spiritual food"?

Just some suggestions to play their game. The elders only have power over you if you give it to them.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne
    if they're at different times to yours

I checked. They put me in one that meets at the same time on Sundays. Dunno if it was intentional or not, but if it was, that's just wrong. However, her weeknight mtg is on a different night from mine, so maybe I'll try that. Thanks for the encouragement.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

No worries, I'm just a romantic at heart.

Plus I don't like the elders thinking they can order around grown adults.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

my two cents worth...

she is waiting till you are an 'approved associate' and you are definatly being groomed as a future JW.

stop now.

no good will come to anybody by living a lie.

oz

• amicus
    amicus

Worst case scenario is you actually real and learn. They throw the "Bible" at you? Read it...in context.

Your romantic interest either supports you or retreats, best get to know her now.

I submit any half serious novice that is willing to read can see through their nonsense.

• watersprout
    watersprout

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!!!!!!!!!

You are being sucked in! Please please please get away from these people...Before you know it you will be under the ''mind control''...Take it from someone who was almost destroyed by this cult...Their is nothing you can do for this friend of yours...If you tell her it's a cult it will only push her into their claws! Stay with this site and see if you can find something that will unravel her mind...She is young and has only just got involved...But you must protect and guard yourself! They are trying to get their evil claws into you. Please do not fall for it! When they start inviting you to their little gatherings, it will be to cut you off from your family and friends...Once you are baptised they will drop you like a hot cake! Plus the real ''misery'' starts!

Peace

Bec

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

You know it's a cult....run and don't look back.

You can still be friends with her, infact you're better off not going to meetings because at least she will have to respond to your apostate reasonings. She won't if you go to meetings, you will just be viewed as bad association.

Please listen to those who have good inside knowledge of this vile cult. They will ruin your life.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

thenoblelodge makes an excellent point. A "worldly" person who hasn't studied (or has only studied briefly) has a MUCH better outlook in the view of JWs than a worldly person who studied and "should know better by now" that JWs have "the truth."

If you go too far and then don't go all the way (becoming a fully active JW) then you're worse (in her mind) than someone who never ever heard the invention "Jehovah."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit