Strange, Offensive , Weird Statements on DFing Offenses in Elders Manual

by flipper 64 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

SCARY 21- Yeah, to me it just seems insane on the part of the WT society to DF someone for gluttony. I mean, lots of people have health problems in their thyroid and other things which increase their hunger so they eat more ! Perhaps we should DF the GB for being morons ! Now THAT sounds more accurate

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks flipper I loved your post. It is so amazing what you wrote. I just say this thread and have read the comments.

The one on suicide OH MY GOD seriously they would even need to think of a JC. But then again the elders in my hall say I am crazy and mentally unbalanced because of my stand against the baby rapists in the hall.

So they are so concerned with what adults do in privet that they send spy's out but they do nothing to men who get turned on by children. These men are allowed to hold children, take them outside alone and into the back room of a KH ALONE!!! And that's fine. But if is was an adult man with an adult woman OH MY GOD call out the forces. SICK

After all I was told by an elder in my hall child molesters who have raped kids never lie to the body of elders. They always tell the truth.

The stupidity of this makes your head spin.

LITS

• scary21
    scary21

Flipper, they always bring up the GLAND problem......I myself have a thyriod problem went from 125 to 130 lbs. Went back to 125 after I got on meds.............. When you eat to many goodies you get fat!!!! My mom told me her witness friend ate a whole cherry pie in one setting... The same with a half gallon of icecream...... how can you NOT get fat if you do that to many times But nobody gets DF or even talked to.

The bible says its a sin....... THEY say size does not mean anything........... I say if your 350 lbs your a glutton

I love to eat and have to control myself!! some people have a harder time controling their eating.. I understand that! I can't seem to quit smoking that's my self control issue! Can't be a weak in the faith JW and do that....... but you CAN be a GLUTTON even if their bible says NO they say YES. They make their own RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• flipper
    flipper

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Yeah, I believe it's CRAZY they even put suicide as a reason for a JC or disfellowshipping. So the bottom line is a person better not commit suicide or they'll get DFed. Even in a dead condition I guess ! What are the elders going to do ? Meet with a person as they lay in their casket asking them questions ? Or - Worse still, announce at the person's memorial service they've been DFed for committing suicide ? I mean this JW cult gets crazier each year, doesn't it ?

So an elder told you that child molesters never lie to elders ? What kind of mushrooms was THAT elder chewing or smoking ? Jeez. I agree with you- the fact that they make such a HUGE issue of what adult men and women do in private , yet virtually ALLOW pedophiles to groom children in the kingdom hall as prospective victims is not only nauseating, it's criminal.

SCARY 21- I understand about thyroid problems as well. 4 years ago I was diagnosed with a slightly underactive thyroid. So the doc put me on a low dose type thyroid medicine. I'm doing fine maintaining my weight, I don't lose weight, but I'm not gaining too much either. Just have to keep balanced in my eating. I've never smoked, but I do love food also. So I have to just eat a healthy balanced diet and watch my portions too. Good luck to you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Vidiot - Interesting commentary on the meanings of fornication and adultry in ancient times. The slant toward property ownership of women and strict geneological records seems plausible. I always wondered why Hebrews just took the girl home and they were fine, but JW's have to get a government issued marriage certificate.

Regarding Mr. Flipper's original post:

#5 - I find the distinction between "casual touching" and "manipulation" rather funny. When I hear "manipulation" I think of someone operating a video game, or another task that requires dexterity and training. Doesn't this put women at greater risk of DFing? I mean, an inexperienced JW sister could probably figure out how guys work pretty quickly .. thus moving from "casual" to "manipulation" .. even with those 2 layers of denim in the way. But an inexperienced JW brother doesn't stand a chance of figuring out women with a bit of "casual touching", even without fabric in the way. Not to be offensive, but you give a guy a map and a flashlight and there's still no guarantees. :)

#10 - Ha ha, scary21 beat me to it. Baring a glandular problem, I'm pretty sure that one's weight does in fact indicate how much food they consume. I don't see this rule ever being enforced. Honestly, they'd have to DF at least 20% of their members in the U.S.

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Point #11.....

11. Evidence testified to by at least two witnesses that the accused stayed all night in the same house with a person of the opposite sex or in the same house with a known homosexual under improper circumstances. ( Million $$$ question - How the hell do you define " improper circumstances " ? So many variables and various circumstances that NOBODY could judge anybody unless these 2 witnesses were in bed sleeping with these alleged sinners ! ) Give me a break.

Years back, I'm going to say around 1994, I was at a KH build. At the time I was on almost every crew at the KH builds because I had learned most all of the skills and trades with the exception of electrician and masonry crews. So it was pretty common for me to go from one crew to the next as the build progressed along, often times working all the way through the night. Well, as some of you know, there was always a "rooming attendant" of some sort that arranged for the various brothers and sisters from out of town to stay at. One night on this project my partner and I worked until the wee hours of the morning, there were very few people around the site that time of night - skeleton crew at best. Everyone at the rooming desk had gone home for the night. My partner and I had just plum ran out of steam and had no place to go. One of the sisters we knew locally (young -smae age as us) was still there and said we could crash at her place if we both didn't mind sharing a pull out couch. She had quite a few others staying at the house as well. All of them young though. So sure, we're 19/20 what the heck? The pull out couch beat the front seat of my car. Plus I could get a shower and get the drywall dust off me.

Well we wake up the next morning, and of course we're in the middle of the living room on this pull out couch right. There's no where else to sit. The young sister, who's house it was, and a couple of others had sat on the end of the mattress just making small talk about what the agenda was for the day. Don't you know a group stops by the house and sees this sister sitting on the end of the bed with another friend of ours and me and my buddy still under the covers. Well, wouldn't you know it, I show up at the KH build later that morning and am asked to go into one of the Regional Building Committee trailers. Turns out, someone from the group (as I find out later it was this psycho chick that had a major crush on me and was totally imbalanced mentally) had reported that this other sister was in bed with us! Really? Give me a f'n break! The elders jacked me up and I wasn't going to hear it. I'm like, "Listen, I work my butt off on every single hall build, there was no place to go last night but there, I'm a Regular Pioneer, a Ministerial Servant, I just got back from a month of Temp work at Bethel working on the Sands building - exemplary behavior overall and you're going to jack me up over me needing a place to sleep for a few hours? You're out of line." They sent me off with a firm warning not to stay at a sister's house like that again because of how it looks otherwise I probably shouldn't work at the KH builds anymore. I did a couple more after that and then I was done.

Idiots ...... I don't miss them one bit.

• flipper
    flipper

NO LONGER WAITING- Good points you make about " casual touching " versus " manipulation " . Very true , women would be able to touch a man more outwardly than a man manipulating women 's parts. I guess the WT society's definition of casual touching would include a guy straightening himself out after taking a pee , or a lady cleaning herself off after peeing. With " manipulation " I guess they mean the hand motion gets more aggressive somehow ? LOL !

Very true what you say about obesity or being a glutton. If being overweight were a sin - half the JW's would need to be DFed. WT society is really crazy.

THE_PRESENT_TRUTH - Wow ! Guy ! What a excellent example of just how nosy, paranoid, and inconsiderate elders are and SO ready to jump on witnesses for even staying all night at a sisters house in a GROUP situation ! I bet you were pissed off ! I don't blame you for getting in those elder's faces, I would have too ! You work your tail off building kingdom halls & assembly halls and THIS is the thanks you got ? It just goes to show that witnesses are ever at the ready to rat each other out - even if NOTHING happened ! Just for the APPEARANCE of something which isn't even there ! Sorry you went through that. But I bet it opened up your eyes. I'm with you- I don't miss those ratfinks either

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

What a great thread on an absolutely maddening subject! Thanks Flipper, et al, for this. I am bookmarking for future reference, though I am loathe to read this infuriating drivel ever again.

Thank heavens we are free. The thought of ever sitting in front of a jury of uneducated men playing by these rules boggles my mind and chills me to the core.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

In the movie Modern Problems, Chevy Chase got special powers from nuclear waste. He was able to give his girlfriend two orgasms from across the room. No skin to skin contact.

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Yep Flipper, my eyes began to open more and more as I matured. Every chance they got someone was there waiting to stick it to me. I enjoyed the KH builds but truth be told, I'd enjoy going to build a Habitat for Humanity home just as much or probably more since I know it will actually impact someone's life in a positive way.

Those guys were rumdumbs. Did they actually think that I'd pick "that" night, after I'd probably worked 20 hours and eaten who knows how much drywall dust - to go out and commit fornication? I don't think so. I'd wait for a night when I was well rested and at my best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit