I'm having a baby!

by AwSnap 60 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    So what's your take on drinking alcohol during pregnancy?

Don't ask us, get this kind of advice from your doctor!.

• mamalove
    mamalove

CONGRATS my dear! You will have a gorgeous, sweet, wonderful baby! I am thrilled for you!

• flipper
    flipper

AWSNAP- Congratulations my friend ! Keep that baby happy & healthy & free thinking in his or her mind ! I wish you all the happiness you can find ! Parenthood is awesome ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Scully
    Scully

Congratulations!

• Scully
    Scully

AwSnap, you asked:

So what's your take on drinking alcohol during pregnancy? My husband tells me I can't even have one glass (He just watched a show that targeted fetal alcohol syndrome, and it said that even one glass a week can cause severe retardation).

However, ALL of my friends and friends' parents have told me that drinking 1/2 a glass to a glass per week was completely fine for them and their children are all beautiful and smart.

What do you think? I havent had a drink in 14 weeks....

Let's put it this way:

Nine months of abstaining from alcohol and other over-the-counter medications is a small price to pay for your peace of mind. I wouldn't wish anything bad on any pregnant woman, but we all know that things can happen - preterm labour, premature delivery, high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, and so on. But if you keep away from all the questionable stuff and do whatever you possibly can to ensure the health of your baby, even if you have an outcome that isn't what you expected (like the stuff I mentioned), you will know in your heart that you did all the right things, and you won't feel the terrible guilt that comes with having done something that might "cause" it to happen.

I've looked after babies whose mothers were on serious medications during the pregnancy (necessary prescription meds and otherwise) and it is absolutely heart wrenching to see the babies going through withdrawal, sometimes for weeks. They are in pain, inconsolable and suffer horribly. Even when the pain meds are needed so the mom can function, the guilt they go through while their babies withdraw is so sad to see. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Congrats! I'm really happy for you.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Awww, thank you everyone. I really appreciate it.

I had a really bad dream the other night regarding the alcohol thing. I think I'm just going to forget about that glass of wine till the baby's here and healthy. *sigh*.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

This is my first, so I have nothing to go on...I just really thought it would be a boy. We both wanted a boy. Actually, though, the day before

my sonogram, the thought popped into my head, "Well, it *would* be kinda cool to have a girl". I think I just wanted a boy because

the thought of having a mini-me scares the bejeezus outta me.

What I've realized, though, is this: I am NOT going to raise this baby as a JW (neither will hubby). I am NOT like my mother (well, the bad

parts, anyway). Other than that, this kid should turn out alright

Im very excited..... 5 months along today! The nausea has FINALLY subsided. And everything seems healthy. Whew! Wish me luck!

One other thing: I've decided to leave "Awsnap" behind, and will be posting under another avatar. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to know who I will be (and I'll explain why). I've already told a bunch of my friends on FB, but I know I haven't gotten everybody. Thanks for all the support!

• nugget
    nugget

don't worry for now just relax and enjoy being pregnant as much as you can. Your little one will not be able to talk for at least a year so it will be a long while before they can spill any beans about anything.

With us it was a relief to be Df'd as with an autistic child they will just blurt out whatever is important to them and I didn't want him to feel guilty that he had got us into trouble. In the end it was the non autistic hubby who gave us up but that is all water under the bridge. A fade is more difficult with a child because you want so much for them but also building a new life is easier because you are exposed to a whole new network of people with shared interests and experiences.

Enjoy this special time and many congratulations.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm so happy for you. That little girl is going to change your life for the better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit