I'm having a baby!

by AwSnap 60 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

MMXIV, awwwwww, I love the sound of getting a tshirt that says GUILT FREE ZONE

Thanks everyone! Me & hubby are both faded, though he's a little worried about having a Christmas tree in the house. And it didnt help matters when we went to a Christmas party on Saturday night and Santa made an appearance. 3/4ths of small children were petrified

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

aWSNAP , So happy for you and your husband . I loved being pregnant( except the sick part ) and having babies . Don't worry about the Jw stuff right now ,just enjoy the moment . The best feeling ever is that first kick .

When the time is right (after your child is born and hormones are back in regular mode) then you can start laying the ground rules for appropriate behavior of JW relatives around your child .

One major rule I would stick to no matter what ...."No JW relative that shuns you will have access to your child " . I can not believe how many df'd individuals that are shunned by their own parents will allow these gr . parents to act that way towards them yet have free accessability to the kids ....it is so disrespectful and a very bad lesson for the young ones to learn . I see it happening in a couple of old friends families ,and it breaks my heart .

On advice about of having a baby my input would be nurse if at all possible . I did with all three of my kids and I have no regrets . It is uncomfortable at first, but in a few weeks it is fine .

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, AwSnap!!! Congratulations!!! What colors have you done the baby's room in??? What kind of a crib/bed do you have??? What kinds of fabrics would you accept in a quilt - absolutely non-flammable flame-retardant cotton childrens' pajama materials, or will any 100% cotton fabric do???

Do you know what 'it' is going to be, yet??? Girl, or boy? Is "non-gender-specific" artwork acceptable to you??? Do you have any favorite animals - bunnies, kittens, puppies, giraffes, penguins???

PM me!!! When you have the energy...

Zid

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I liked it in my day when we went by months...we would say one month pregnant or two or three...much easier.

So 14 weeks..how many weeks do they count in a month 4 or 5.

Guess what...everyone knows what you did 14 weeks ago...

Anyway, kidding aside, congratulations..as someone said, there's nothing like that first kick..you feel that little fist or heel ..makes you all warm and fuzzy..

Snoozy..who did it 3 times...

Remember to now limit the amount of tuna you eat. They recommend no more that 12 ounces a week and it should be Light tuna..it has less mercury than White tuna. You may want to start looking up foods that will be good for the baby now. tuna has too much mercury in it as a few other seafoods do.

And make sure your baby stuff doesn't come from China!!

• sabastious
    sabastious

Congratulations! Babies rule.

In 71 weeks you might have this to "deal" with:

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

Well if there ever was an occation -- CONGRATULATIONS!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

congrats!!! no advice have no kids yet! love life

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Congrats !!

Loz x

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Congratulations AwSnap!!!!

I love kids, didn't have any because I was waiting for the dorky 'New System'....

I'm extremely happy for you! All the best with your pregnancy.

3Mozzies

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I was just walking down memory lane and remembering that with the first one I was sick for about a week..didn't throw up but felt like I had the flu..never did get morning sickness. (girl)

The second I had a little nausea for a few months but never threw up..(girl)

The third I was sick for 7 months practically, just upset stomach at times and gas..I took baking soda and lemon juice in water and it took care of it...(boy)..

You should get a baby book for the baby and start writing your feelings and cravings etc in it for them..then when they are born you can add to it. When they first slept all night, how much they ate, when they first got tooth, when they first walked, when they first used potty..(the big one lol)They will love getting something like that when they are grown and start having their own children..

Snoozy..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit