I'm having a baby!

by AwSnap 60 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Congratulations! My advice for you is take baby sign language classes in your area, so you and the baby can communiciate before he or she speaks the first word. The baby can tell you in sign language why he or she is crying, etc...

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

AwSnap Congrats!!!! to answer your question any surface that is flat and washable will do as a changing surface, and don't worry about dealing with dub relatives until your have to. My wife and i have 3 kids and the first pregnancy is the most exciting because everything is new, just enjoy it (and make your husband cook lots of food for you)

and don't forget the baby he/she might have questions http://www.amazon.com/What-Expect-When-Youre-Expected/dp/0385526474

lots of love

wta

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Asilentone, great advice, and definitely something I plan on doing!

I've already got some women telling me their horror stories. I suppose I'm just listening as though it can happen, not that it necessarily will happen. I am a little surprised at some of the comments I've received so far. Some people just lack filtering skills. When my jw sister was pregnant, I was shocked that other jdubs would say things like "Oh, you're so brave. We wouldnt DARE have a baby in this system of things"

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

CONGRATULATIONS!

A baby will change your life forever. For the better of course. Enjoy every minute. He/she will grow up very fast.

Listen to your own instincts.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Wow! Congrats! How exciting!!

I long for the day when I can say the same thing...

Good luck!

Love Newborn

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Thanks guys! I know it will change my life forever....I'm ready for the ride!

So what's your take on drinking alcohol during pregnancy? My husband tells me I can't even have one glass (He just watched a show that targeted fetal alcohol syndrome, and it said that even one glass a week can cause severe retardation).

However, ALL of my friends and friends' parents have told me that drinking 1/2 a glass to a glass per week was completely fine for them and their children are all beautiful and smart.

What do you think? I havent had a drink in 14 weeks....

What do the first kicks feel like? I swore at 10 weeks, I felt the weirdest flutter on the right side of my abdomen...but I havent felt it since.

What did you crave when you were pregnant?

Did all the wives' tales prove to be true for you? So far, the only thing I can eat is dairy/milk and Easy Mac, which is weird since I havent eaten that stuff in about 5 years. I am certainly not craving fruit (they say craving fruit means you're having a girl)...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I've already got some women telling me their horror stories."

How about an anti-horror story... Mom said that I was sleeping through the night within the first week. At about a month I was sleeping straight through "morning nap" until about 11am. I always loved hearing stories read and would sit quietly with my blanket and a book watching everything around me. I rarely cried and was full of smiles. Sitters were eager to volunteer, although seldom needed. Mom said she could have handled triplets of me.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You'll most likely begin to notice that some familiar foods will suddently taste too salty or too sweet.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

There is nothing quite like being a parent, it is very hard work, very gruelling, you no longer exist for yourself but now have a LIFE that is dependant on you and one you have to take care of for the rest of your life.

And you wouldn't want it any other way !!

Bringing a child into this world is a huge responsibility, the child did not ask to be born, we CHOSE to create a life and as such we are responsible for it till that day we close our eyes for good.

Children teach us so much about ourselves and the first thing they teach is our capacity for love, if you can't love your own child unconditionally, well...the chances of you truly understanding what love is are slim.

Children are the embodiment of love and our commitment to love ( love for them).

Now that I semi-scared you, LOL !

You will never feel as loved as when you hold your child in your arms and hear them say for the first time that they love you :)

I don't think you can ever understand that kind of love untill you read it in their eyes and hear it in their sweet voice.

Awsnap, You have been blessed with possibly the most amazing experience that a person can choose to go through, relish every moment of it.

Love your child with all your heart and all your soul and all your spirit :)

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Congratulations. Enjoy this special event. Personally I would keep away from any alcohol during this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit